Any takers?

Luke Quenby

How much value will have been lost by felling high ?

I'm sure I've seen brownoaks pics before especially the last one of the fella sitting on the log, they been on here before ?

On a tree of that dimension quite a bit of money , 2 running feet amounts to a few cubic feet, you cant sell the bit thats left stood up though .

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can see why someone would get upset at the waste, but surely if its valuable enough to get upset about it there must still be enough timber there to make it worth having.

Any way I expect the guy puts the ecological value of the high stump rotting away for years way above any monetary value :biggrin:

I can see why someone would get upset at the waste, but surely if its valuable enough to get upset about it there must still be enough timber there to make it worth having.

Any way I expect the guy puts the ecological value of the high stump rotting away for years way above any monetary value :biggrin:

Yes, i think youre right on all counts. Im just a timber faller .

Just to clarify there was an adament spec of leaving a 1.5m high stump. Why? Not sure, eco value or something along those lines i'm guessing, just following the instructions.

Get what your saying about lost m3, but having had another look there is a thin seam of rot through the middle of it, and as I said, paid to remove hazard, timber value unfortunatley second priority.

Posted on here to see if anyone could make use of what is left of it, and that offer still stands. Cheers all.

No, afraid not Tom, thats the only pic I've got. Bit gutted I didn't get any of it going as its a fair size (re-measured, 2.5m diameter)

Yes, knocked it over towards the Limes going up the hill, sure you'll have an inspection in the new year! It was almost perfectly balanced so you could take your pick really on what you wanted to do with it.

Prehaps you guys could set about it with the mill, there seems to more interest in the high stump than the actual product available on here! Speak to you soon mate

No, afraid not Tom, thats the only pic I've got. Bit gutted I didn't get any of it going as its a fair size (re-measured, 2.5m diameter)

Yes, knocked it over towards the Limes going up the hill, sure you'll have an inspection in the new year! It was almost perfectly balanced so you could take your pick really on what you wanted to do with it.

Prehaps you guys could set about it with the mill, there seems to more interest in the high stump than the actual product available on here! Speak to you soon mate

Ok mate. Ill catch up with you when I'm back. Happy New Year mate. Have a good one