Which are the best boots?

Gavin Hodges

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kimas are immense. I've had mine for three years this september, and they're still going strong. Wore the new Eltens (green and black) for a few weeks about a month ago and haven't worn them since.

The level of comfort that comes with the Klimas is not easy to match. I guess I'm spoilt.

Those Elten aguafells/fellsmen, were supposed to be all singing all dancing purpose designed boots from what I remember.

Then came the eXspurt jobbies with cut-outs for spikes and all new flexability, but they are rubbish too.

I think the Meindls and Klimas are about the best no-nonesense, well made boots made by people who know how to make boots.

The eltens with injection moulded soles are of such poor quality in my opinion, they are made by safty boot manafacturers who sprang up in the last decade or so and make mass produced rubbish, which is o.k for some.

Where as Scarpa, Meindl and Klima make quality boots and have done for years, not mass pruduced rubbish.

I hear what Pete is saying, it be nice to have flexible, grippy boots, Scarpa makes some good ones but there not proper ppe.

Meindl has some climber boots but they are not as durable as the wauldlaffers/woodloggers, and they do not have qualities that make them stand-out over the more commonly availible ones

Is it possible to make a decent climbing boot that is durable, with flexabilty and grip? we'll see.

As for Haix I don't rate them at all over Meindl, Elten are shit. But thats just my opinion, and i'm known to be wrong

yeah id go for the klimas as the best boots ive used only problem is they last far too long i cant justify buying a new pair as theres nothing wrong with them apart from they really stink .....any one got any good cures for smelly saw boots???ive worn them nearly every day for over a year and evan the inside soles are still perect...

I used to quite like the jalforests sas boots but they lost there shape and fell apart quick...i didnt mind the eltens much either they just looked a bit gay.

I must admit when i first tryed them on i thought id made the biggest mistake buying them......they felt like i could not walk properly and they gave me pretty bad blisters for a couple of weeks and the soles damaged soft bark untill they had worn in a bit.....but i wear them every day at work...fishing... walking and they feel great and they seem indestructable