Ratting

Pat Ferrett

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

re rats our pest control guy has giving me the plans to build a rat hotel. 2ftx2ft paving slab or concrete slab 2 course brick all around with a small hole in both ends so they can look right through manhole cover on top. its the big mac of the rat world. just temp them with peanuts to get them to go in. once using swap with bait stations get 6 to 8 in. this lets all the rats get a feed so those not so immune get hit. trouble with normal baiting dominant rats take the lion share rest get whats left so does not give them enough poison to kill them.

slaymore seems to work the best at moment but hampshire rats getting immune to most of it now but nutella. and peanut butter works well have to stop to eat so make better target

I'm a big air rifle fan have 2 set ups each worth over £2000 I also love and are very passionate about my ferreting if I was closer mate I would of come down to you :thumbup1:[ATTACH]108370[/ATTACH][ATTACH]108371[/ATTACH][ATTACH]108372[/ATTACH][ATTACH]108373[/ATTACH][ATTACH]108374[/ATTACH]

HI ADAM what air rife do you have mate and what scope set have you do you run night vis scope i had the 1st day state mk3 what a joke that was but i was the 1st to have one owell now we run theoben far then a day state jon :thumbup:

HI ADAM what air rife do you have mate and what scope set have you do you run night vis scope i had the 1st day state mk3 what a joke that was but i was the 1st to have one owell now we run theoben far then a day state jon :thumbup:

2 daystates Jon mk3 electronic and daystate merlin I used to have a theoben mk2 and loved it but sold it the for a merlin then sold that, I loved it that much I bought a new one :biggrin:

There both good guns mate could not say either one is better :thumbup1:

Just a quick note to say that I never used my ferrets on rats. has anyone else?

ps I loved my ferrets so no bad stories.....please

We've never put our on rats, don't think it's a right nice thing to do really as I'd half expect rats to retaliate a bit more than a rabbit.

Did have a big Hob who would probably have done quite well though.