redwood dismantle

testcricket01

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great thread from start to finish. A great job. Lots learnt James. Reminds me of a job I did at the start of summer, never done anything as big but learnt a lot but we glad for the weekend.

It's also great to see the diagnosis side of things, learning from the video and seeing the wood being used after.

Certainly one of the best job threads for a while!!! Really good stuff takes alot for someone to not only climb on that job but also organise everything to come together!!!

I remember you saying a while ago on here you priced it tight so big question did it all come off? Crane the best ideas you had? Out of interest why didn't you crane the lot? Simply the size and not being able to get a big enough crane in?

Bravo!

Certainly one of the best job threads for a while!!! Really good stuff takes alot for someone to not only climb on that job but also organise everything to come together!!!

I remember you saying a while ago on here you priced it tight so big question did it all come off? Crane the best ideas you had? Out of interest why didn't you crane the lot? Simply the size and not being able to get a big enough crane in?

Bravo!

cheers all wasnt expecting such a big response really.

originally when i went to quote for it i instantly thought crane, but due to access and the actual area around the crane, we couldnt crane the lot as there wasnt really any room for it and the crane would of struggled with the very tops. i was going to strip it out and spend all week there chogging it down and loading up trucks and trailers to remove all wood, but i weighed it up crane and peter to come in was less hassle and much better all round. the job wasnt local to me its nearly 2 hour drive away from me. so in the end i came in bang on budget, i would have made a nice load of money if i had been there all week, but me being me if theres a easier way of doing things ill pay to do it easily, the client even turned round and said he would go halfs on the crane cost because i hadnt quoted to use one, i refused there the people you want to work for. ive now got couple more days work at the hotel this year :thumbup1: