Anyone want to do recreational/practice climbing Leeds/York area?

Scottie

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunatly I feel as though I have been under pressure by my boss to post-pone this get together until I can find another place to climb. What was meant to be just a couple of guys getting together who don't climb much seem to be turning into a 'tree climbing event'. This is the impression my boss is under. The owner of the grounds who kindly agreed to allow us to climb is 'a very valued client' and my boss has built a good relationship with over the last 15yrs. I am being made responsible for anything that 'might' happen and 'should any bad feelings/conflicts arise from the event which effect the good relationship... these matters could lead to serious consequnces'.

I don't want anything like that to happen, I want to safe guard my job and wimp out just now. I do have somewhere else in mind and I will be contacting them in due course so please bear with me for now.

Thanks Scottie

Unfortunatly I feel as though I have been under pressure by my boss to post-pone this get together until I can find another place to climb. What was meant to be just a couple of guys getting together who don't climb much seem to be turning into a 'tree climbing event'. This is the impression my boss is under. The owner of the grounds who kindly agreed to allow us to climb is 'a very valued client' and my boss has built a good relationship with over the last 15yrs. I am being made responsible for anything that 'might' happen and 'should any bad feelings/conflicts arise from the event which effect the good relationship... these matters could lead to serious consequnces'.

I don't want anything like that to happen, I want to safe guard my job and wimp out just now. I do have somewhere else in mind and I will be contacting them in due course so please bear with me for now.

Thanks Scottie

my wood yard burley in wharfedale i,am the owner so if you want to have a pre opps look @ the site pm me some fair sized beeches oaks some lovley crack willows limes sycys etc baz can bring his chippers ample parking pm if any good:001_cool:

if your looking at the end of feb i should be able to sort some trees/space out at Harewood house, there's some nice trees in the show field,out of the public area/gaze with some wellies that have never been climbed to my knowlage(not vast i know)

Is this offer still on the table??

Seems too me to be a fantastic opportunity!!!:001_tt1:

Hi Guys,

My goodness Im away to see "Judas Priest" and a few days away and everything turns around!

I hope we are still talking about sat 28th Feb still?

I need to get some of that weight off by getting my carcass er body up a tree again.

I was planning to bring something for you guys to see as i know you like your "bling" , also to get some feedback on. Was thinking of an Easylift R150 access platform or Teupen 15Gt or one of the new Timberwolf chippers being launched.

anyone sorted barbecue yet?