foreign nationals

the hedge man

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ther is one thing I can't figure out.

I'm not trying to start a debate or anything but....

They can do the work cheap. Fine if they can then so be it, they can work on minimum wage and live off it. (In my area they seem to have big BMW cars) I know I couldn't live on it.

But I want to know how they can manage it...

there is a lot of eastern Europeans in my area well its the biggest area of migrant works in east Anglia and is up there for the the whole uk they do all sorts of jobs they are a few that do land / farm work factory work some are builders and they even in the pub trade have they own night clubs and cafe's they is a grupe that gos around my area taking trees down they knocked on the door of a customer of mine and ask if she would like her 12-14m sycamore taken down for 30 pound i can say she never said yes but go's to show they work for less money than us and will work hard and is going to try there hand at every trade they can

Perhaps we could have a B.N.P membership vote here...?

Ty:001_rolleyes:

Think that's a bit strong really. How can you say that people who are trying to tell it how it is are all racest/BNP voting people. You see the threads about we don't charge enough ect but how can you up your prices when your up against people who will do a job for next to nothing. I worked with a pole and he says the money here is so much better than back home even working for min wage

We all have many nationalities living and working in our communities, it's been the make up of the island nation for many many Centuries. Fact is, many of them have every right to travel here to work, and we can do like wise, we are all a part of a larger community. I've been nothing but impressed with the work ethic of those I've come across, both in this industry and others. Few British workers would apply themselves in such a manner, but then they don't have to because they have an overly generous State system to support them if they want it. Illegal immigration is a totally different matter, and does need addressing, and I am not condoning these in my posting, there is a world of difference.

You just need to look at how it's affected the building trade and the good skilled tradesmen that it's put out of work

The British builders did the same in the 80s going over to Germany and taking there work. IMO builders needed a bit of a wake up call.

The British builders did the same in the 80s going over to Germany and taking there work. IMO builders needed a bit of a wake up call.

Very true I was to young to know anything about that I just thought there was little work over here because of the unions striking and there was a shortage of builders over there but the money being good would also help

Protectionism...Unions, Guilds...pricefixing, how do you control who works in what industry and where?

OR...a free market.

I can't imagine that any-one in this industry is REALLY losing out BIG TIME to an influx of foreign workers.

O.K, the odd £30 Sycamore perhaps BUT as for impacting to the point of causing suffering to established indiginous businesses... unlikely.

You know, the French moan that the Brits buy up old unwanted properties, do them up and sell them for a profit thus causing the market to rise and therefore impacting on just what young rural French can buy.

However...it is the French who choose to sell the old unwanted properties in the begining to 'forgeigners'...

Perhaps if the British public really didn't tolerate immigration they'd vote with their conscience and not employ any-one with an accent or busy moustache.

Instead, they like to save a few quid and get a better deal.

The traitors are amongst you and they ARE YOU!

Ty