loading a chipper

Charleton Chips

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

James and Josy, many thanks for your kind

I've got to say I'm really getting into this roof mount idea and the 'Jake' mounting system.

I've not yet seen a Botex mounted on a Jake?

Can it be done or has it been done?

Our lot met with Jake last week,great guys and tip top products...there "plates" beat the hell out of any roof mounting type of ideas

Our lot met with Jake last week,great guys and tip top products...there "plates" beat the hell out of any roof mounting type of ideas

Sorry for my Ignorance who's 'our lot' and I assume the meeting would be towards supplying their products?

I really have fallen for Vatra's now and I really like the look of those Jake products, but has anyone actually combined them with a Botex crane for lifting power or is there stronger than Botex for similar money?

I'm still not convinced about a roof/jake mount for loading conventional chippers but with a side infeed like the Heizohack then I'm certain they would be brilliant plus all the added applications they bring.

Too many kind words about the Ditching!:blushing: Many Thanks I do like my jobs tidy!

I've added a little mod to one of my Engcon grabs this week to help with some clearing up.

Basically I was looking at a landscape rake but didn't want to lose the ability to grab material or be able to pull out roots etc.

The solution I hope was to put a rake into one side of my grab so I can clear up, but still have the ability to grab material. The existing side of the grab can be utilised for the more stubborn stuff instead of over stressing the rake.

I had it made by Abiljo and I was delighted how it came together, almost like a factory fit plus it doesn't take too long to swap back.

Can't wait to try it.

Plus a few more pics of the Engcon's in use.

Eddie.

IMG00270-20110418-1659.jpg.05105a60c51d2b85eedecc6a84b103f7.jpg

Newcastle-under-Lyme-20120329-00454.jpg.4c91e5c3f0fcafb13057c2c3edfac492.jpg

59766295e8711_hillheadmooorlands137.jpg.3f4f42923b3ddb3692a7421a2412f07a.jpg

59766295e6196_hillheadmooorlands224.jpg.3f4ea0d53716b4edfea3764c55f8cc22.jpg

59766295d88f7_Image3.jpg.8d8676d526fbdc9e9cb5285941b9fceb.jpg

Image.jpg.a1be538f8e7a96df628430ac94e491a5.jpg

59766295d4f63_Image7.jpg.5cb6b118383a13ba07752ad43d72d843.jpg

59766295d2e99_Image4.jpg.d7ec13e0091c1e18cbda45d80c62fcde.jpg

Eddie - how does the constant side loading affect the pins/bushes in the rest of the machine, and have you experienced any deformation or fracturing of welds etc in the boom and dipper? Does Kubota's warranty cover the use of these attachments? I have seen Engcon tilt-rotators demonstrated and am extremely impressed with them, but can't help thinking they may impose stresses on the machine for which it wasn't designed..

If that was (i know it wasnt) meant to frustrate all of us who just have a bucket on the end our dipper, then it worked:thumbup1:

like the rake!

Oh Eddie has the full cutlery set for sure ;) He is also one of the best examples you will find of a man who not only takes pride in his work, but also takes a genuine interest in each project he is involved in. Always great photo's and a great story, keep it up.

Sorry for my Ignorance who's 'our lot' and I assume the meeting would be towards supplying their products?.

Eddie.

Sorry...our lot is Forsmw--FARMA CRANES....we needed a solution for the bigger cranes rather than fitting them to 3 point links

Jake seem the only way forward ----great product

Sorry...our lot is Forsmw--FARMA CRANES....we needed a solution for the bigger cranes rather than fitting them to 3 point links

Jake seem the only way forward ----great product

our Moheda crane is mounted on a Jake plate and we are really happy with it , its not as top heavy as a roof mount and the loss of rear view is more than made up for by the stability .:thumbup: