joe into trees

Awesome video Joe, i already got mine and love it. i really like the reindeers in the background tho, nice touch there:) Jim will be happy. Very christmas like.

You know when you have the Two access lines on it, great idea. But would you need to cut one line as if the two line crossed a brach in opposite directions i reckon it jam/stop it ruining the climber down?

How you understand what i mean, your a smart bloke. Hope your well

MOG

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Joe

I bought one when they came out and i thought the ring would of threaded through the slots.

That would of been far better and I have since never used mine and would never have a karabina up a tree as my anchor as this can rub or catch on the stem and open/fail and sadly i have been on a site when that happened and the gate was opened and damaged when the climber got back up to his anchor.

Petzle did investigate and we could not completely re enact but a few options were evident.

I also believe it would not be allowed on a climbing assessment as this would be classed as an open system and they recommend a closed system ie a ring on a sling

This is the first art product i have been disappointed in but will certainly look closer before i bought any other product.

Hi Joe

I bought one when they came out and i thought the ring would of threaded through the slots.

That would of been far better and I have since never used mine and would never have a karabina up a tree as my anchor as this can rub or catch on the stem and open/fail and sadly i have been on a site when that happened and the gate was opened and damaged when the climber got back up to his anchor.

Petzle did investigate and we could not completely re enact but a few options were evident.

I also believe it would not be allowed on a climbing assessment as this would be classed as an open system and they recommend a closed system ie a ring on a sling

This is the first art product i have been disappointed in but will certainly look closer before i bought any other product.

Apologies for saying this bob but if you reconsider, it's your product choice that you're disappointed with, not the product. You bought it for a specific use other than what it's intended for.

Please pm me if you would like to sell it.

• 3 months later...

For anyone interested, photo i took this morning of my Snake Anchor set up as a lowerable base anchor, soft locked figure 8 backed up with a floating Schwabisch which can be unclipped and taken with the rescuer if necessary so that they can guide a casualty to the ground..... Screw gate 'biners make it easier for 'non-climbers' to get the floating hitch off....

If I was doing something particularly dicey on ddrt I'd set this up to give me lowerable floating top anchor for ground rescue as well.... :001_smile:

image.jpg.6eb7f248417c45780d0cc9629450dda9.jpg

Daisy chaining krabs isnt good and screw gates have the potential to rub on the stem which could open then like your thinking thiugh would be alot tidier with a footlocking prussic above it the the 8 below

I usually use the same biner to clip the back up prusik into a snake anchor eye that I do to stop the anchor running back when setting it up, typical that on the occasion i don't eagle eyes spots it! :biggrin::laugh1:

I don't worry about using screw gates here, there's very little movement in the system anyway, but they don't sit against anything.

With regards the long legged prusik, presumably that couldn't be used remotely, it'd be between the 8 and the top anchor? The Schwabisch beneath can be taken away from the base with the tail and used to by the rescuer to block the 8 from wherever they're standing, for instance to move a chainsaw hanging beneath the casualty before they get lain on the ground.

One issue I have with the whole set up, including the wrench as well really, is it takes comparatively ages to set up. That said, the time it saves on the rescues it can be used for make it worth doing for me....:thumbup1:

For anyone interested, photo i took this morning of my Snake Anchor set up as a lowerable base anchor, soft locked figure 8 backed up with a floating Schwabisch which can be unclipped and taken with the rescuer if necessary so that they can guide a casualty to the ground..... Screw gate 'biners make it easier for 'non-climbers' to get the floating hitch off....

If I was doing something particularly dicey on ddrt I'd set this up to give me lowerable floating top anchor for ground rescue as well.... :001_smile:

Not that i'm trying to be antogonistic:sneaky2::001_tt2: but would YOU actually do anything dicey?:001_smile::biggrin::laugh1: