Clearview stoves

Coed y Cardi

Just wondering wether anyone has any experience with owning a clearview 750 stove, I'm thinking about changing my curent stove which is to small for one.

Just don't want to make the same mistake again so any feedback would be much appreciate.

Sorry if this isn't the place for such a question!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering wether anyone has any experience with owning a clearview 750 stove, I'm thinking about changing my curent stove which is to small for one.

Just don't want to make the same mistake again so any feedback would be much appreciate.

HI MATE we were going to get one there very good stove well made mate your better off getting a good one as a cheap one will only eat the logs in the end we got a euro heat 16kw one good stove as i do not like to put gas on jon :thumbup:

There is a Clearview Stove shop near me, I have delivered logs to lots of their new stove owners over past 3-4 years (all sizes of Clearview stove) and people are very happy with them. I definately would recommend them to anyone who asked. (and that is NOT because the shop owner recommends my logs! :)) they seem to be very popular around here and I have not heard any negative feedback. Owners of larger stoves like a 15-18" log which they say is better that small logs, and the smallest stove only uses 10 logs a day!

My experience of clearview is I would never again buy one or recommend one to others. I bought a clearview 650 back in june 1996 and had it fitted by its local dealer. By the spring of 1998 it was unuseable, with the flat top having warped by about an inch out of true due to an interior baffle having moved due to a manufacturing fault. You would be sitting in a chair looking at the fire and be able to seem the flames inside the fire under the flat top. Lengthy dealings with the local dealer and clearview were a complete waste of time - clearview saying that the dealer should rectify the problem at his expense in the margin that he made in the deal, the local supplier and fitter saying it was a manufacturing fault and should be put right by clearview. At the threat of legal action by myself against clearview, I was sent a letter stating the only way out was for me to return the stove at my expense to there factory in Shropshire where I would be given a full refund for the stove as long as I signed a declaration stating that I would never again buy one of there products again, or get anyone else to buy one for me. This I did, and never heard anything from them again. I then invested in a 16kw woodwarm, and can honestly say it is a league above the clearview in every respect, from quality of build through to customer service. My dealings with clearview, and from others that I have spoken to since, is that you are on your own if anything goes wrong. I would strongly urge you not to buy one.

HI MATE we run a euro heat 16kw stove it very good on logs your better off getting a good one as it cost you in logs jon :thumbup: