Frozen Ropes

graw

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As been said before here in Scotland it's never usually that bad but I have had a few days of freezing ropes etc. I used a prussic and it ended up just a mass of ice and the gloves would freeze to it! It still worked though. Biners were the worst as they would just freeze shut making it a nightmare moving your strop around because you had to swear at the biner a lot before you got it open. Respect to you guys out there in the big minus temps that's hard going.

As been said before here in Scotland it's never usually that bad but I have had a few days of freezing ropes etc. I used a prussic and it ended up just a mass of ice and the gloves would freeze to it! It still worked though. Biners were the worst as they would just freeze shut making it a nightmare moving your strop around because you had to swear at the biner a lot before you got it open. Respect to you guys out there in the big minus temps that's hard going.

Hey mate do you work in edinburgh?if so who for? or is it for yourself,am coming back to Scotland on the 18th and am looking for some work/contacts from then on.

Cheers

Paul

Anyone know how the rope wrench performs in serious minus temperatures, ice and snow?? Does it affect its ability to share the friction with the hitch?

I will tell you after Christmas as I'm gonna buy a load of sshiny new bits for myself as treat

:biggrin:

Today i kept on falling down of the Tree due to using my Spiderjack. after reading this thread i thought i go and try it out. Its only -2 atm in Switzerland but wind chill was bad today. anyway rope wasnt even frozen just getting there and had snow/ice/slush on it.

Used it most of day and it go worst and worst and finally i came down the tree for Saftey. as it was very scarey. amazing how fast you start freefalling. So i suggest you stay well away from mechanical things.

MOG

Anyone know how the rope wrench performs in serious minus temperatures, ice and snow?? Does it affect its ability to share the friction with the hitch?

When the Rope Freezes it is more difficult for it to bend through the Wrench.I ended up having to bounce around on the rope to try and get it to run.