My grinder ate a gas pipe!

Pat Ferrett

Unfortunately had the same happen to me. Took EDF nearly 6 months to bill me, hit street lighting cable that was only 100mm below the surface. I done the same with pictures and i said it was meant to be 450 mm and they said that could not be held responsible for where their services are after once they have been buried. Around the £300 mark if I remember right ! Sorry Pat.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Unfortunately had the same happen to me. Took EDF nearly 6 months to bill me, hit street lighting cable that was only 100mm below the surface. I done the same with pictures and i said it was meant to be 450 mm and they said that could not be held responsible for where their services are after once they have been buried. Around the £300 mark if I remember right ! Sorry Pat.

Nice planking pic and cheers for the bad news :laugh1:

Mate, that's nothing, I was informed today that the site where I want to put an astro pitch and sports hall has a ruddy great pipeline running under it, in places it's only 3 feet down. The last bloke that hit is was a farmer putting a fence up.... Apparently the crater was like Beirut!

It's the uk oil pipeline I'm told and runs from Stanlow refinery to Essex somewhere..... Need to be a bit careful when we start digging out the bank!!

if you are going to dig near that pipeline get hold of a firm called fisher german. they look after the pipelines if they get any vibes the chopper will be up and will be there like a shot. have one run under my land can not do a thing without asking first and they have a chap watching me work. if using a digger cost nowt but you are safe. if you want phone no pm me and will let you have the number.

pat gas lines have to be a min 18" should be laid on sand have a yellow tape round them to say gas and sand over top so if digging sand starts to apear. so you start to look carfuly for buried pipes. so if they try to bill you tell them to bury it properly. BT are very bad for this. allways laying theer lines in verges just under surface so have to watch when digging ditches out

rubbish its down in black and white they have to bury them at a certain depth and abide by certain rules and regs if they decide not to follow spec and law then there fault not yours bugger if i would pay them anything take me to court judge would throw it out. will do some reading and report back what i can find