Stump removal???

The Tree Hunter

Look out for that wire the customer has just run along the ground to his shed. Get gaurds to go around the head of the grinder, it saves a lot of cleaning up and it cuts down the chance of breaking windows.

What kind of grinder you using? Is it a pedestian one or a proper radio controlled one?

As Alinicoll said, look out for utilities and if you are not sure always ask the customer first if they know of any wires or pipes that you might hit. Generally though there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

Get a grinder that can do the job, don't get one that is too small for the job, you will just knacker yourself out. Cut the stump as low as possible to the ground and put groves into it with your saw. It all helps.

You must be crazy wanting to do stump grinding!!!!!

my mates got the wee carlton one, it is as sharp as a razor and he is good on it, tackle anything big or small. and you can get it in anywhere, you can feel everything thru the handlebars. i have seen guys with monster remote control ones that are useless. its all in the operator.

i think i,ve masterd the old vermeer:001_cool: 252 had it 7 yrs now jolly good bit off kit even if i say so my self