Show us your log splitters

D A Tree Surgeons

Jim,

I was just giving an honest description of the problems I have had.

Like I said my old machine was faultless for more than 4 years, And I genuinely believe the build quality is nothing like that machine.

I said in my earlier post in fairness I was awaiting a response from yourself and thought like most of us you were probably busy.

I have sent a copy of the repair bill last week.

If it gets fixed under warranty great if not it will be botched and put on ebay as I have lost faith in this machine now and I will cut my losses and go back to my faithful Browns splitter.

I am running on a 540rpm pto speed.

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

just a quick reply, but I'll drop you an email tomorrow.

Pretty sure that should be run at 400 or 350rpm on the PTO (cant remember for sure will have to check tomorrow), there should be a sticker by the PTO drive and also in the manual.

Jim

Hi Daniel,

Pretty sure that should be run at 400 or 350rpm on the PTO (cant remember for sure will have to check tomorrow), there should be a sticker by the PTO drive and also in the manual.

Jim

Hi Jim,

Will take a look tommorow, I thought it was either 540 or 1000 rpm on tractor??

Enjoy your beer!

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Jim

Hi Jim,

Still waiting for that email 1 week on?

Hi Jim,

Still waiting for that email 1 week on?

Thanks for your email Jim.

I would like to add it appears I was running my splitter at too fast a rpm so I apologise for slating this splitter as it does seem it was my fault, oops!

I would like to thank Jim from Riko for offering to pay for the repair to the two pipes and I now have no hesitation in recommending riko and there equipment along with Jims after sales service.

• 1 month later...
Well I'm glad that's sorted! Well done folks all. Better get my order in sharpish.

Dave

Well two months on still not received the refund for the pipes as promised did send emails but no response. Sold my splitter and cut my losses, would not purchase from again but that's just from my experience and the customer care I received.

Well two months on still not received the refund for the pipes as promised did send emails but no response. Sold my splitter and cut my losses, would not purchase from again but that's just from my experience and the customer care I received.

Well Daniel that has swung this way and that and back again . Shame you did not get it resolved as promised even though it may have been your cock up to start with . Have you got anything to replace it ?

Well Daniel that has swung this way and that and back again . Shame you did not get it resolved as promised even though it may have been your cock up to start with . Have you got anything to replace it ?

I know I am only too happy to hold my hands up if I ran it too fast and caused the problems , personally I am not convinced as I never have it blazing away as I'm tight not to use too much diesel!

I vote with my feet so will not return or recommend to others.

I'm using a browns which I have had for a few years and is very good.

I don't want to slate riko but I would be interested to hear if any one else had similar problems or if mine was a Friday afternoon machine or if like mentioned my incorrect usage was to blame :-)