Show us your log splitters

D A Tree Surgeons

not impressed? Any more info?

No don't like to slate but, 6 months old still with warranty and had;

- poor crimp blew hydraulic pipe losing all oil and getting covered.

- had problems with the supplied pto

- pto pump gets hot and ram doesn't move until cooled down.

- splitting head pins broke

- oh and just blew another poor crimp on a different pipe losing all oil again.

Only had about 20 cube through it, Spoke to riko apparently pipes are not covered in warranty.

I'm awaiting a response from Riko about getting the splitter collected its been a week so far but in fairness Jim may be on holiday.

No not impressed as sold my old balfor road tow which was spot on to get this.

No don't like to slate but, 6 months old still with warranty and had;

- poor crimp blew hydraulic pipe losing all oil and getting covered.

- had problems with the supplied pto

- pto pump gets hot and ram doesn't move until cooled down.

- splitting head pins broke

- oh and just blew another poor crimp on a different pipe losing all oil again.

Only had about 20 cube through it, Spoke to riko apparently pipes are not covered in warranty.

I'm awaiting a response from Riko about getting the splitter collected its been a week so far but in fairness Jim may be on holiday.

No not impressed as sold my old balfor road tow which was spot on to get this.

This is making me think. Hoses should be easy to get right and pto pump getting warm?

Will await outcome before deciding.

Dave

Edited by ballibeg

This is making me think. Hoses should be easy to get right and pto pump getting warm?

Will await outcome before deciding.

Dave

I had the older ballerio forrestello machine for over 4 years with the Subaru engine it was fantastic no problems whatsoever, this one however is very disappointing!

I have already spent my own money getting it fixed once, Im certainly not going to again when it has 6mth warranty left.

I may just have a Friday afternoon machine?

Hi Daniel,

Last time I spoke to you a pipe had gone and I asked for the invoice for the repair pipe to settle it for you.

Are you sure that you are running at the correct PTO rpm? Overspeeding could cause all the faults you have suffered (apart from the pins breaking, but I have a solution to that). What speed are you running it at on the PTO? Lets check that out before we start looking at things deeper. Let me know that and we'll talk tomorrow, right now I've just got in from 10 hours driving a digger and I desperately need a beer!

We sell alot of log splitters, and occasionally problems happen. We would appreciate the opportunity to try and sort things out before posts like those are made. Especially when sometimes they are caused by simple things that are easily solved. We do try our best to sort things out as quick as possible. If you arent getting satisfaction on emails call us, 8-5 monday to friday. And if you PM me here I am sad enough to probably see it outside of those times too.....

Hi Daniel,

Last time I spoke to you a pipe had gone and I asked for the invoice for the repair pipe to settle it for you.

Are you sure that you are running at the correct PTO rpm? Overspeeding could cause all the faults you have suffered (apart from the pins breaking, but I have a solution to that). What speed are you running it at on the PTO? Lets check that out before we start looking at things deeper. Let me know that and we'll talk tomorrow, right now I've just got in from 10 hours driving a digger and I desperately need a beer!

We sell alot of log splitters, and occasionally problems happen. We would appreciate the opportunity to try and sort things out before posts like those are made. Especially when sometimes they are caused by simple things that are easily solved. We do try our best to sort things out as quick as possible. If you arent getting satisfaction on emails call us, 8-5 monday to friday. And if you PM me here I am sad enough to probably see it outside of those times too.....

Jim,

I was just giving an honest description of the problems I have had.

Like I said my old machine was faultless for more than 4 years, And I genuinely believe the build quality is nothing like that machine.

I said in my earlier post in fairness I was awaiting a response from yourself and thought like most of us you were probably busy.

I have sent a copy of the repair bill last week.

If it gets fixed under warranty great if not it will be botched and put on ebay as I have lost faith in this machine now and I will cut my losses and go back to my faithful Browns splitter.

I am running on a 540rpm pto speed.

Daniel