business banking

Dr.Green

We gotta have a business account, customers don't like to write cheques to either of the partners personally. Makes you look dodgy if you don't have a business account anyway. And if you ever need to borrow off the bank, it sure helps to have banked with them for a few years as a business. I'd sooner diwe than borrow off the bank, mind you, they ar eslowly and discretely bleeding money from us, like a leech. Only a small amount but annoying considering they do nothing much for it.

I am with Clydesdale Bank, when my free year was up I looked at Bank of Scotland and Royal Bank, they were more or less the same cost.

I now use the account purely for paying in cheques (by post, haven't been to a branch for nearly a year), direct debits, online purchases and transferring drawings. Never ever use it to pay in or withdraw cash, the charges are thievery.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We use the free COOP banking, and have done for years. Even in a small business it easy to save in bank charges more than the FSB membership fee.

There are also other benefits from FSB membership, such as free insurance against tax investigation and free legal advice to name but a few. Must admit that we have only used the legal advice a couple of times on minor matters, but it was good, prompt advice.

We gotta have a business account, customers don't like to write cheques to either of the partners personally. Makes you look dodgy if you don't have a business account anyway. And if you ever need to borrow off the bank, it sure helps to have banked with them for a few years as a business. I'd sooner diwe than borrow off the bank, mind you, they ar eslowly and discretely bleeding money from us, like a leech. Only a small amount but annoying considering they do nothing much for it.

I am with Clydesdale Bank, when my free year was up I looked at Bank of Scotland and Royal Bank, they were more or less the same cost.

I now use the account purely for paying in cheques (by post, haven't been to a branch for nearly a year), direct debits, online purchases and transferring drawings. Never ever use it to pay in or withdraw cash, the charges are thievery.

Have your customers told you this? Just curious.

I've never had any problems with the above and I only have a personnel account,I do my fair share of commercial work and never had a problem getting cheques made out to myself even local authority make the cheque out to my name and not the company.

The banks take far too much money from everyone, I am not giving them anymore.

Have your customers told you this? Just curious.

I've never had any problems with the above and I only have a personnel account,I do my fair share of commercial work and never had a problem getting cheques made out to myself even local authority make the cheque out to my name and not the company.

The banks take far too much money from everyone, I am not giving them anymore.

I think you better check the banks terms an conditions

today i came to the end of my free 18month new business banking

its not nice to know what exactly the banks do take after this period

i always knew it was around 89p per £100 paid in , its a total joke , along with all other charges - im with lloyds - the bastards even charged me to take out cash when i could have used machne and got charged nothing

question is 'who do you bank with' and 'are they free (wish)'

How else do you think they make their money? You don't work for free and neither do the banks. It's also tax deductible so don't stress. The experience I had with free banking was Micky mouse service.

Try santander its free buisness banking but a bit of a pain is you can only pay in at a cash machine using their envelopes which you have to queue for and then they only give you a couple ! A friend of mine is with lloyds and he was going to change over until the manager said he'd waive the charges mind due he banks about 250k a year !

Santander give me the envelops by the hand full and the new cash machine actually gives you an envelop when you pay in. I like the fact that I can pay in when the bank is closed.