sthil ms261 ???

woodwolf

pants. they eat clutch springs and brake bands like theres no tomos.. they feel flimsy and cheap compared to the older 260. both the 261 the firm has are a year apart from each other with the same design issues..

This generalisation is wearing thin; nor does it actually add up. Me and mate both have one; both have been perfect all day every day for over 2 years.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This generalisation is wearing thin; nor does it actually add up. Me and mate both have one; both have been perfect all day every day for over 2 years.

we have 2 older 361(one is mine) and old 260 2 x 261's and 2 362's and the only saws we have problems with are stihls new saws... the ms261's a wack in my opioin. my 361 is the saw every1 tries to pick up as it always works perfectly.

its a hard one as there have been alot of problems with with 550xp to.

i would even consider a makita befor i swaped my 361 for any offerings from stihl.. my personal saws ive had no problems with..

not having a dig or anything but i find younger and recently trained lads very severe on brake bands and clutches from hitting the chain brake every other minute with the chain still at full speed

might be the case with them... but even then they shouldnt go that easily.. the older 260 rarly let a band go..

I have a 261 and it has had it's problems but it's been worked harder than it should and ran an 18 inch bar sometimes but it's served me well. It has struggled sometimes but that's because I've been using it on big heavy stuff when I should have got a bigger saw out. To sum it up it's been a good saw and earnt it's money