Spiderjack

Pltreesurgery

I too am thinking sj, anyone use it with marlow geko rope?

That is the combo that i am using at the moment. Need to make sure that you milk the gecko well before you put the SJ on. It works well, and i have only scared myself a couple of times. I have been using for six months and i love it. But i still have not graduated to a one handed decent yet, that day is getting closer though.

Sent from my Galaxy arse using tupping talk.

Check ALL the simple things first.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes mate i tried on a roka-e cambium saver . No matter what the cambium saver is though you still have to hold your own weight with one arm and run up the hitch , thats they way i see it at the moment ?? Advice welcome ..

You're exactly right and that's the reason a SJ or LJ is so much better as they really do self tend and there is no sit back at all.

On the other hand, have you considered SRT? I've just ordered a Hitch Hiker, Woohoo!

Anyone want to buy a hardly used Role Wrench?

You're exactly right and that's the reason a SJ or LJ is so much better as they really do self tend and there is no sit back at all.

On the other hand, have you considered SRT? I've just ordered a Hitch Hiker, Woohoo!

Anyone want to buy a hardly used Role Wrench?

Dabbled with srt and the Rads set up , didnt like it at all after gettin a bit of a ribbing about it from the treemonkey dudes :biggrin: Cant get my head round the rope going like cheese wire over sharp dead nugs yet . Baby steps for me :biggrin:

PS this climbing malarkey is gettin giy expensive!!

Dabbled with srt and the Rads set up , didnt like it at all after gettin a bit of a ribbing about it from the treemonkey dudes :biggrin: Cant get my head round the rope going like cheese wire over sharp dead nugs yet . Baby steps for me :biggrin:

PS this climbing malarkey is gettin giy expensive!!

Yeah mate, it can get expensive quick but, it's shiny!!!

Hi old mill, where did you order your hitch hiker from? Are you expecting

It soon? I'm looking forward to seeing a good review on it.

I ordered it from Ropetek, Paul Cox is the also the guy behind the Wraptor. And he's English!

Just email [email protected] and get it done. $180 inc postage.

I'm hoping it will be posted tomorrow so next week I hope. I'll be putting a thread and review on here as soon as I've got two climbs on it.

I've been climbing nearly 12 months on my spider jack,soon to start using a second clutch ( 10 months isn't too bad if I'm honest lol) ,and I think it's been a huge leap in my climbing ! When you get to a height where the rope self tends,climbing seems to become fluid ,and quicker .

My only gripe is the Velcro on my spider jack,though I've got a new rope to climb on hopefully next week ( tachyon teufelburger )with a new clutch and a dyneema kit ,so this won't be a issue from now on .

I know it's a lot of money ,but hey ,you only live once,buy one :001_tongue:

That is the combo that i am using at the moment. Need to make sure that you milk the gecko well before you put the SJ on. It works well, and i have only scared myself a couple of times. I have been using for six months and i love it. But i still have not graduated to a one handed decent yet, that day is getting closer though.

Sent from my Galaxy arse using tupping talk.

Check ALL the simple things first.

Please excuse my ignorance, but how do you milk a rope?:confused1:

I've been climbing nearly 12 months on my spider jack,soon to start using a second clutch ( 10 months isn't too bad if I'm honest lol) ,and I think it's been a huge leap in my climbing ! When you get to a height where the rope self tends,climbing seems to become fluid ,and quicker .

My only gripe is the Velcro on my spider jack,though I've got a new rope to climb on hopefully next week ( tachyon teufelburger )with a new clutch and a dyneema kit ,so this won't be a issue from now on .

I know it's a lot of money ,but hey ,you only live once,buy one :001_tongue:

Dyneema kit is definately worth it. The velcro was useless but the dyneema works great.