Alaskan Mill req'd in East Sussex to cut table top

poneill

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone with an Alaskan Mill would be interested to cut a table top (or 2) from two beech trees I had felled a year or so ago. I have attached photos of the trees.

The sizes are approx:

0.9m diameter x 2.6m

1.2m diameter x 3m

The trees are in Warbleton, East Sussex, and are easily accessed. As well as a table top, it would be great to cut some cubes to make side tables etc.

I'm not in the arb business, so my friend Rich Rule (Arbtalk member) suggested I post this. I will obviously pay the going rate. If you are interested, please PM me.

Cheers,

Paul

5976623c4d99c_Beech2.jpg.9538c98376373d564e1de4489a69206a.jpg

5976623c4ba8f_Beech1.jpg.a7bfbde2a23e3ad428c6263b4e765b8d.jpg

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone with an Alaskan Mill would be interested to cut a table top (or 2) from two beech trees I had felled a year or so ago. I have attached photos of the trees.

The sizes are approx:

0.9m diameter x 2.6m

1.2m diameter x 3m

The trees are in Warbleton, East Sussex, and are easily accessed. As well as a table top, it would be great to cut some cubes to make side tables etc.

I'm not in the arb business, so my friend Rich Rule (Arbtalk member) suggested I post this. I will obviously pay the going rate. If you are interested, please PM me.

Cheers,

Paul

You could try sending jammydodger on here a pm, he's got a mill.....It maybe a bit far for him as he is in West Sussex......But worth a try.

I'll send a newsletter out to Alaskan mill customers and see if anyone responds....

But can I have your phone number and e-mail address Paul (PM me with these)

I'll try and paste the pics into a pdf.....

See what happens :biggrin:

Rob

Paul, this was posted in the Milling forum, I started another thread, thought you might get a bite. I hope you don't mind me posting it here Rob.

Cheers

Rich.

Hi Rich, Sorry just spotted this thread-Your mate is just a few miles from me, I'm pretty busy with work at the moment and I'm not a milling pro by any means but I can probably help him out- you can give him my number- 01825 872 495/07542603620

Rob

I'll send a newsletter out to Alaskan mill customers and see if anyone responds....

But can I have your phone number and e-mail address Paul (PM me with these)

I'll try and paste the pics into a pdf.....

See what happens :biggrin:

Rob

Cheers mate, much appreciated.

I wouldn't - just because your saw is really cutting to max - also the only option is a Cannon 42" bar which is pricey.

Perhaps before I send a newsletter out Rich we could give it a couple more days on arbtalk.... I reckon you'll find someone bit if not let me know.

:biggrin:

I have an Alaskan but have it on a 660 with 36" bar so can only cut about 28" diameter

I was thinking that this was probably about as far as I could stretch the 660 but do you think I could fit a bigger bar and rails rob d? maybe I could get a bit more out of it?

From experience, I wouldn't. If you need the extra size you really want a 100cc+ saw. An 075/076 will do it cheapest.

Alec