Tips

AJarb

i got £200 tip on a £140 job. the customer an old bloke collapsed and i took him back to his house and got his wife, made sure he was ok and then finished my job. i refused at first but his wife insisted. most i earned in a day was £2300 1 load of chip and half a load of logs in an L200. i was finished by 2pm. was a good day.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

years ago we did 3 days work at some big posh house in the cotswolds, there was 5 of us there and we got 20quid each at the end of the job. He handed me 20quid through the window of the van as we were getting ready to go and I said thanks on behalf of all the lads and then he went and passed another note to each of the lads...nice bloke :001_smile:

I've had more myself, but as a group I thought that was pretty cool.

I once got a 30quid tip and I fu**ed the clients daughter for the next two weeks! Result!

My best tip was "don't eat yellow snow"

I mostly only get bottles of wine or champers these days, not enough daughters due to the credit crunch!

I once got a 30quid tip and I fu**ed the clients daughter for the next two weeks! Result!

My best tip was "don't eat yellow snow"

I mostly only get bottles of wine or champers these days, not enough daughters due to the credit crunch!

Did you drink a lot of wine before you S*agged the daughter, no daughters this way wanting any action, however an randy old 70 yer old granny kept patting my groundies bum and asked for his number. On compleation of the job i made him go and get the cash for the job, she then gave hinm a £50 tip and told him not to tell his boss(me). Cheeky monkey.

Don't play with fire, you'll get burnt:001_tongue:

me and my two groundies each got a £60 tip on a 1day job :)

was to dismantle two large elms, over fences, blockpaving, sheds, fragile wall ect, other firms had told them the fencing, paving sheds ect would all need to be replaced

had them both down by 2pm, cord loaded over the wall by hiab by 4, and roots ground out too :)

(oh, only damaged a daffodil!)

We used to cut a conifer hedge for a little old lady each Xmas that was about 6ft long and 6ft high. And prune a tiny apple tree for her. It was a 15min job at end of day. She had hardly any money but would always come out with a bottle of wine each, a packet of mince pies, a christmas card and a jar of marmalade for each of us. It always means more if someone with very little gives you a tip.

I've just come home from a superb day out on a local estate at a 200 bird, all driven shoot, full roast dinner, wine etc.:001_smile:

This was a tip from the owner for making a good job of some work we did on the estate in summer, which included an awkward dismantle of a large windblown beech hung up in another tree right over the corner of his main pheasant pen.

Much better tip than hard cash!

...and I'm seeing him next week to look at a load more work!:001_cool: