is there that much difference between the ms341 and 260?

jonnywinks

341 is excellent, even with 3/8 chain (might be a reason Stihl supply them with this?), 361 is even better. Beautiful with an 18" bar.

I'm with Mr. Ed on the 260. Mine was a piece of sh**e. So much so I've just traded it in. Can't be doing with a saw that was breaking something every month.

Don't bother with the 280. It's not a pro saw.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I miss the Husky 242 and 254. When they were available, there was'nt a stihl that could touch them on power, reliability and toughness. Millions of tonnes of forestry timber was cut with them. So why do they then build junk like the 346 and 357? as a husky man, I miss the old daze.

I've got a 254, Its a great saw, its only fault is it eats a chainbreak once a year or so. The 357 is actualy very nice to use and has more power ( they're both running 18" bars and .325 chain). The 357 has had to have a new carb though which cost the best part of £100:sad: I have replaced it with the old type one so it shouldn't happen again. If you could buy a 357 with a old style carb brand new I'd go for that, but its an expensive saw when you add £100 to put it right.

I have used a ms441 quite a lot, thats a good saw, not as nicely balanced as the 357 though.

Jonnywinks

If you have the money buy the sthil 341 you won t be disappointed. If you want to save money get the makita dcs 5000 bloody good saw will save about 150-200 quid if you shop around. I ve used most saws and have had the pleasure in repairing them when my students break them. But the two mentioned above are excellent and will not let you down.

Don t know whats up with some of the huskys at the mo don t seem as good as the older ones. used to be a husky fan 4 years ago. Maybe i am just unlucky.

Easier to get parts for the sthil and makita but huskys like to swap and change their design. Pain in the arse.

Jonnywinks

If you have the money buy the sthil 341 you won t be disappointed. If you want to save money get the makita dcs 5000 bloody good saw will save about 150-200 quid if you shop around. I ve used most saws and have had the pleasure in repairing them when my students break them. But the two mentioned above are excellent and will not let you down.

Don t know whats up with some of the huskys at the mo don t seem as good as the older ones. used to be a husky fan 4 years ago. Maybe i am just unlucky.

Easier to get parts for the sthil and makita but huskys like to swap and change their design. Pain in the arse.

Hello mate have't got any money at the min but i will be getting a 341. Might get a makita as a back up saw much later on when i no a bit more about them. Lets hope work picks up (or the wind). My 020 does the most work anyhow. The best saw ever.

Whats the point in buyin 2nd best. A chap i sub contract for uses them. They dont start, there in and out of the menders all the time, they rattle themselfs 2 bits. Tell me somethin good about them other than there cheaper than a sthil, but i supose u get what u pay for.

If this guy you subby for can`t start them or mend them himself and indeed claims they rattle, you should probably begin to wonder is his knowledge about saws as good as his skills for fixing/servicing them!:thumbdown:

If this guy you subby for can`t start them or mend them himself and indeed claims they rattle, you should probably begin to wonder is his knowledge about saws as good as his skills for fixing/servicing them!:thumbdown:

Never had a prob with a stihl apart from the cast breakin on an old 088, and splittin a bar with a fellin wedge. oops. otherwise they start everytime. it just in my experence every husky ive used just doesn't feel as tight or as solid as a sthil and is no were near as reliable. what climbin saw do u use? bet its not a husky. dropped my 020 from 30feet. not a skratch. a husky would explode in to a million pieces. soz 2 rant just fed up with unreliabe tat.:mad1: