Sharpen your saws lads!

John Hancock

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We pay high premiums no matter what.

i dont! lol. but storms i find dont make you much money, if folk arent insured. they are usually skint this time of year and anyone with a saw comes out the woodworm, or you are owed a lot of money from insurance companies for months. if i turn up and there is damage to property or vehicles, if the folk are needy then i help them out. even if it isnt the whole tidy then at least make it safe. i have a conscience. and if you work in small towns then your reputation is vital(not implying this doesnt count if you are a city dweller).

a few broken branches here or there is fine, but power cuts and transport disruptions costs lifes and folks livelyhoods.

i used to get really excited with storms, but after having a power cut for 3 days with a baby and no heat in the house in winter wasnt nice.

not trying to put a dampner on things.But if you guys to get a call out, dont get too excited and get stuck in to big windblows and forget all you have been taught. be carefull and stay safe.:001_smile:

i dont! lol. but storms i find dont make you much money, if folk arent insured. they are usually skint this time of year and anyone with a saw comes out the woodworm, or you are owed a lot of money from insurance companies for months. if i turn up and there is damage to property or vehicles, if the folk are needy then i help them out. even if it isnt the whole tidy then at least make it safe. i have a conscience. and if you work in small towns then your reputation is vital(not implying this doesnt count if you are a city dweller).

a few broken branches here or there is fine, but power cuts and transport disruptions costs lifes and folks livelyhoods.

i used to get really excited with storms, but after having a power cut for 3 days with a baby and no heat in the house in winter wasnt nice.

not trying to put a dampner on things.But if you guys to get a call out, dont get too excited and get stuck in to big windblows and forget all you have been taught. be carefull and stay safe.:001_smile:

I dunno we seem to do allright when its stormy.

Never eally worries me about waiting a couple of months for payment it seems to be the norm these days:mad1:

I do try to help people where I can if there insurance isnt covering the accident (which seems to be getting more and more common :mad1:) but I am a business out there to make a living and since ive helped people out in the past and got feck all in return I maybe a bit more sceptical than some.

But yeah we do need to be more carefull when its blowing but thats half of the adrenaline rush :001_tongue:

if the folk are needy then i help them out. even if it isnt the whole tidy then at least make it safe. i have a conscience. and if you work in small towns then your reputation is vital(not implying this doesnt count if you are a city dweller).

well done that man!

just having a seriously big down pour thundering and lighting just now,couldhardly see the road when i was driving in it,

maybe a few tidy up next week,

its not all sunshine and hot weather in nz!:001_tongue: