201T interesting info...

Al Cormack

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just put mine in for repair under warranty.

Took it in a week ago & fella said he tuned it to 14,000 rpm that is recommended by stihl. But it kept reving up to over 14,000 which he said it should not do. Any way few hours into work the next day & I think piston & pot will need replacing.

I have been running the saw for around 5 months I think & it's not been a patch on the 200's but run better than others I know of.

Hope they have sorted this glitch out with new carb ect.

Our maintenance chap wont give me my 200 back! He is keeping it for spares for the remaining 200s. The 201 I have is low on power by a long stretch, not pleased at all. Just makes the day harder than it should be.

There is a tuning chap on this forum, Hertfordshire way, does anyone have a number?

Bing!

Our maintenance chap wont give me my 200 back! He is keeping it for spares for the remaining 200s. The 201 I have is low on power by a long stretch, not pleased at all. Just makes the day harder than it should be.

There is a tuning chap on this forum, Hertfordshire way, does anyone have a number?

Bing!

Why won't he give you your saw back???? It's your saw!

I was at a trade show a couple of weeks ago and one of the stands was Stihl.

We got chatting and I was saying that the feedback I'd heard was that the 201's were gutless with a number of running issues and the general vibe was not good. The guy I was chatting to Andy from Anglian tool centre said that he thought Stihl was aware and had sorted something out and would get back to me.

Well, he spoke to 'Mr Stihl Technical' and they are aware of the negative feedback and since June have upgraded the pot and piston during production in the factory. Now, for those who bought their saw prior to June, if unhappy with it, take it back to your dealer and Stihl will replace the pot and piston free of charge to the newer version.

I must confess to having been one of the 'Stihl resting on their laurels and not really looking out for their customers' brigade but this has changed my view entirely.

Good effort from Stihl I say.

Just picked up my saw from having a new pot & piston put in.

Fella told me to run 20 tanks in it & after that it may perform differently. Not sure how that works except a bedding in time? Anyway was told to bring it back if she lacks power after this period.

Looking fwd to 2nd run with it.