GRCS/Hobbs wanted to loan or hire.

benedmonds

Ben, you would be better off to hire the man and his GRCS, thats what I do for others. Once you have seen and used one you will want one!!:001_tt2:

I would be open/interested in doing just that..

I do want one but £2,000 is alot for something we might only use once or twice a month..

Once you get one you will use it all the time, it will change the way you rig.

By hiring the GRCS with operator you'll get to see how it can used effectively without wasting time fumbling about.

These really are the kind of tools that have more functions than you can imagine. They're not expensive when you find out how often you'll use it.

Agreed. I've got a Stein Dual and its used more than I expected so the same must be true of the GRCS.

Edited by Old Mill Tree Care

Ben, you would be better off to hire the man and his GRCS, thats what I do for others. Once you have seen and used one you will want one!!:001_tt2:

Good call Paul, that's what I'd go for, and it takes out the dropping off/picking up off the unit as well.

We do a fair few pull trees in forestry situations with a Tirfor (which is great), but it's a ballache to set up and run a 20m steel cable. Could the GRCS do the same job for us? I'm guessing we never need much more than 0.5T pull to deck most of the leaners.

• 1 month later...
I would be open/interested in doing just that..

I do want one but £2,000 is alot for something we might only use once or twice a month..

I agree it's expensive, but if you think you will use it once or twice a month, when you get one you'll use it more every month. As time progresses you'll look at rigging trees differently

Now I'm going to read the whole thread!

Good call Paul, that's what I'd go for, and it takes out the dropping off/picking up off the unit as well.

We do a fair few pull trees in forestry situations with a Tirfor (which is great), but it's a ballache to set up and run a 20m steel cable. Could the GRCS do the same job for us? I'm guessing we never need much more than 0.5T pull to deck most of the leaners.

Hey mark!

When I was doing some woodland work and for the trees that do need to much grunt as in the full Tifor power the GRCS came out and I use a separate line for winching when using a few more pulleys to create a 4.1 the loads soon stack up on the line.

I'll see if I can find some pics when we use it in the woods when I get home at Xmas