Non protective climbing boots.

gustharts

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had the same issues with the Salewa mtn trainer as others, all the lower hooks snapped off within a month. I have a pretty good local climbing shop though and he managed to replace them all without damaging the gore tex membrane.

My second pair of winter climbing boots are these, Kayland Vertigo high gtx. Difficult to get your hands on but if you can they're definitely worth it, all leather, super tough, not as supple as the Salewas but once they're broken in they're more comfortable. My climbing shop also tell me they can resole them no problem so that's another bonus...

Kayland SUMMER Backpacking

• 8 months later...
Iv gone with a pair of these, Meindl Alta Via GTX. Fancied a pair of Salewa but was sticking in an order with Meindl today and desperately need to replace my current battered boots

I'll report back if there any good!

[ATTACH]104648[/ATTACH]

So, what is the update on how these boots have held up for you?

As a boot i really like them, as with every other boot i have had from Meindl they are very comfortable! Someone commented after they were on the way to me that they were heavy and I must admit when i got them that was my initial thought.

As I have worn them everyday though u kind of get used to it but against another boot like the salewa's and those new Pfanner ones then yes they are heavy!

I cant really comment as to whether they are a good climbing boot for regular use. As im in the shop 5 or 6 days a week climbing opportunities are fairly limited.

When I have got out though I have liked them, offered good support and they are the first boot I have had where my shoddy footlooking aint as shoddy!

The rubber rand around the toe is coming away a little bit and as they havent been climbed in a whole load of times whether theyd stand up to it regularly I would doubt....... I better go or I'll be late for work!!

I forgot to mention, the metal eyelets are connected via a material link. One of them wore through and broke. Credit to Meindl, they repaired it no charge but its something else that Id forgotten about.

I did buy a pair of these this summer so I could wear shorts for work! I wish they did them in a boot because they are awesome, really do like these.....

Millet Friction Grey Man. Footwear man Hiking, Trekkinn.com, buy, offers, outdoor