Rates of pay?

Treeman1

No unscrupulous bosses out there then, that pay peanuts and drive flash motors back to nice houses ?

Paying on time and treating people with respect does not pay the bills if ya aren't getting paid a FAIR days money.

Just a thought :001_smile:

It is just a thought, and so is mine.

My 'rant' was not necessarily aimed at the OP but the legions of habitual moaners that leave gear on site, break gear, concentrate on getting home as soon as they arrive at work, work slowly and then expect overtime pay, think their boss owes them a living etc etc.

My answer to these people is that they should set up their own business if they feel they are so valuable but they better make damn sure that they achieve the same or more than their boss before they start moaning again.

That's all:thumbup1:

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I often walk out of shops because their goods are just to cheap, in Tesco the other day I saw a 2 for 1 offer that was just ridiculous!!! (yeah right :001_rolleyes:)

Subbies are self employed, YOU set your rate!!

Do I moan to my customers that they are paying to little for me to remove their tree??????????

NO I set my rate and if they are not happy with it I don't get the job.

Same goes for employees really, but their rate is set at the time of taking the job or at a pay revue.

:thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

at the end of the day it all depends what your worth to him if you want more money ask for it if he doesnt give it you have to decide what options you have and take into account whether he could or couldnt replace you with some one equally as good for the same money.

There are so many different factors to take into account only you can decide but at the end of the day its rgular full time work and theres people living on a lot less

That is the real crux of each individual case. Good post:thumbup1:

Oh, and for the poster that maybe alluded to me being one of the tight demanding employers, I'll pay a freelancer £150-190 a day.

That's because he never moans, he's respectful, he gets it done and he does it very very well.

A proper day rate for a subby :thumbup:

A oner a day ain't.

Why would you run your own business if £120 a day is dream land ? go and work for someone else for a oner a day and save the stress.

Read the last line of my post very slowly and carefully!!!!

£500/week = £25K/year. Not bad in the current economic climate even buying your own ppe. If you only end up with 50% of that being self -employed get a better accountant.

The point of my post was a business can only pay what is economically viable to pay. I an not saying that the OP is being paid right of wrong just that there are many more factors than a personal opinion of your own worth.