Treeman1

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: Chill out man :001_rolleyes:

It was a tongue in cheek comment :001_tt2:

No it wasn't and well you know it...ffs

I can read you like a book chap, you were brought up in some sort of "Cult" that as fecked your way of thinking up...Or should i say made a working class lad think like a tory!!!

I cant find the thread at the moment......But did you not say you just took the first overdraft out for your company....If ya missus was working/helping pay the bills, you wouldn't have to do that :biggrin:

Before I went self employed I often bitched and moaned that I was worth more. The company I worked for did extract the michael somewhat by putting me on a base salary but had me on 24/7 call out for no extra. This included holidays. I was finally made redundant and had little option but to go self employed. That was a massive learning curve. It's not until you actually run a business you realise just how difficult it is and how much time, money and effort it takes. You don't take in to consideration how much extra needs to be earnt in order to pay for holidays (if you're really lucky), breakdowns etc. Neither do you allow for how difficult it is to get the work in the first place in a cut throat market. Eventually I couldn't cut it against the big boys who were having their own price war and took a job with local council. I still keep my private business running and that now provides a little extra for me to do the things I want to do but it does entail working saturdays, half sundays and all public holidays. The grass isn't always greener on the other side. Just because you're good doesn't mean to say you're going to get great money unfortunately. There's always someone willing to undercut you for a half ass job and just because you own the business doesn't mean you're bringing in good coin. Some have to sacrifice the holidays and even a regular wage for a long period just to get the business etablished and then staying in business and being able to continually compete with the multitude of new outfits, one man bands, lawn mowing companies that can "trim your tree Mrs" and various others? well that's a whole other ball game.