ever increasing stress?

simonm

After my first year of setting myself up in business i think i have never been more stressed out as i am now! As i still work part time for somebody else ive been working towards going fully self employed. now trying to balance 2 jobs running a business renovating our first house sacking somebody along with everything else really seems to be on my mind 24-7. how did you manage when you first set up? and what do you do to switch off?:confused1:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After my first year of setting myself up in business i think i have never been more stressed out as i am now! As i still work part time for somebody else ive been working towards going fully self employed. now trying to balance 2 jobs running a business renovating our first house sacking somebody along with everything else really seems to be on my mind 24-7. how did you manage when you first set up? and what do you do to switch off?:confused1:

Exact same boat here other than the house. Heads up my arse at the moment and real lack of motivation to work :thumbdown: feel crap

Running your own business is stressful to say the least, I own my own garden and grounds maintenance business, work 6 days a week all year round, and to be honest it occupies 99% of my mind all the time.

I've got a lot of work on and trying to keep up with everything every week wears me out physically and mentally. I even dream about work!

I think it's important to have breaks, I got married in august and we had our honeymoon in the lake district for a week, It's was nice to not have to think about work and just relax. Last night I booked three days away for me and the wife. I think it's better to have a few shorter breaks than 1 long one each year.

All the best to you, and I hope you feel better about it all soon!!

As Andy Collins said it WILL make you ill , 2 years ago i was in hospital with meningitis bought on by stress. Ask yourself why did you go into business? Its because your a good tree surgeon but that does not make you a good buiness man , i did HND in Arb in which we briefly touched on business , im sure students studying business dont breifly touch on arb work! Best advise try to have an outside life that has nothing to do with work where you can switch off, delegate when ever you can and dont try to do that you may struggle with eg book keeping - know your limits and set yourself realistic boundaries. Read about stress on here there is some really good advise from those who have gone through it.