Waterproof overtrousers

Mark Bolam

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

flectarn (maybe spelt wrong) I have found best so far, they breath and you dont end up wetter sweating than you would without them. Its not the rain but constant wet grass/brush and exerting so much energy just to stay upright that make you sweat like a pig in anything 100% waterproof, these flectarn are gortex with built in bracers and yes they are ex-arm but very good or I would have thrown them years ago.

Look here it comes with jacket on this site but sure you will find them on their own Flecktarn Goretex Suit

good luck, stay dry

Thanks mate, but the braces would kill it for me. So would the DPM. So would the German.

'Those bastards bombed me Granny in the war!'

Oz, AWP, 1983

:001_tongue:

i would recommend the berghaus ones - just bought some off amazon for 39.99 delivered.

its my second pair only cause after 4 years i have torn the first pair a lil so thought would treat myself.

but hey at 40 quid i figure get a year out of them and thats still value for money.

definetly get them on over saw boots/saw trousers no bother and very lightweight.

I bought mine after a miserable week in dunblane a few yrs ago when it rained non stop for the entire time i was there on cs32 training course and vowed would never suffer like that again.

Get yourself some Royal Navy Goretex, Mark. Totally different to the Army stuff, much better quality and zips on the legs to make getting them on easier. :thumbup1:

And instead of having had sweaty soldiers in them they've had sweaty seamen in them instead.