what would you pay?

chazzer

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well he is sort of a family friend

he is taking the Micheal plain and simple. your young and your going to learn that there are alot of people in the world that would be happy you doing skilled work for free.

Can't stand expoitation of the young and niave, my old gaffa was a right pain in the arse, I got minimum wage for a skilled job that he couldn't be bothered to do himself, what anniyed me as well is that he used to send me out to large site work by myself. there are always going to be these kind of guys around, suss them out then avoid them!

Might aswell sign on the dole if you are going to work for £25 a day!! ive worked in commercial forestry for nearly two years ive got my cs 30 31 32 mo1 and pa1 and pa6aw and i only get payed £75 a day and supply all gear so probaly make £60, i think i get ripped off really but works work untill i find something else thats better, if i knew what i know now i wouldnt of got into handcutting work, i think theres more money in establishment but there aint any more work i enjoy than felling trees :)

£25 a day including using your own gear? (And presumably the fuel and everything else too?) That's taking the urine.

Nearly 20 years ago I was 16 years old and getting £2 an hour for casual labour working on a sheep farm and I didn't have to find any equipment out of that. And there was a local guy I did some work for who was paying £5 an hour cash for gardening work.

The guy obviously wants to make some money out of the logs but you need to cover your costs and not be taken for a mug.