Fencing by single operator

hgvman

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To poop on the party, Im surprised at how some post driver makers have blatantly copied Jock bryces ideas which are well documented and patent protected or applied for. Also he has several industry awards to document/date these. The Rock spike system being one of them.

Maybe with a bit of clever wording and navigating loopholes they get away with it.

I do know Bryce have challenged imitators before.

i fence on my own and find it quite peace being out in some beautiful places and i can work as late as i like.

As for straining up up long lenght of line wire i have recently started using a remote copntrolled winch mounted on a quad so i can walk the line and adjust the wire at the same time. I'll try and find a pic or take one the next time i have it set up.

All this talk of Knockers I just use my 3 tonne excavator bucket and push the posts straight into the ground. With all this rain the hardest job is not pushing the post to far into the ground.

Just finished a repair to fencing on a piece of wet ground, new stainers were 3 metres in length had a bit of a problem getting the thumper over the top of the first one to hit it so as we had a loader on the front we went to push it in a little bit, we didn't stop till the post was at finished height of 1.2 metres.

Two weeks ago we did a fence in a village roadside, the ground was rock hard dry. To put gateposts in I dug a small hole filled it with water and left it for 2 hours when it finally had soaked in. Still the post bounced reluctantly in with the bryces 400kg weight. I soaked out of concern for destroying the gate post.

Only this week have we started to get proper rain on a night!