What others think

Stephen Blair

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Stephen, when we met last Thursday you left me with the impression that you were a straight shooter and well organized. Two traits I admire in anyone , but especially in the business. That aside you are not alone in your opinions since I encountered many of like mind during my visit. It made my task at hand easier and far exceeded my expectations

based on the response from the show. For myself I wish to treat others the same way I would like to be treated. Knowing as many of the rules for the games people play is important, how one plays the game in the finale analysis is what really counts.

easy-lift guy

After the little derail on the private plate thread, I thought I would start this 1 to save derailing it right off the tracks:001_rolleyes:

Live your life the way you want to, not the way you THINK others might want you too.

You will not get every job or get on with every person you meet, dress sense, vehicle, accent, haircut, weight, colour will have an influence, like it or not, that's human behaviour and these types of individuals should be avoided, they will only drag you down.:thumbdown:

And if you are concerned about word of mouth on jobs, then negative folk have negative friends and run in negative circles, you will be the contractor for the doom and gloom brigade, and unless you are naturally of the same way of thinking, then you will be drained of a lot of energy.

The secret I have found is having filters in place to categorise your customers, it saves the draining feeling in your gut when you pull up outside the house from hell or customer of doom and wishing you had stayed in bed.

Or if you do go to do business with a critical, know it all , haggling control freak who has no concern about his trees or your professionalism, make sure you are in the right frame of mind to do so.

But these individuals will consume your thinking even when you are lying in bed, their little jibes and comments will eat at you, and on comes the stress:thumbdown:

This may seem a bit extreme to some, if it does then I envy you, but I have found that most Arbs are good guys, who appreciate the great outdoors and nature, most are happy to climb trees and own a 4x4 and have some shiny toys :thumbup1:

If an arrangement of 6 or 7 letters in a certain order on the front and back bumper of a vehicle make you smile and proud, or a shiny spinning alloy over priced krab this doesn't mean you have man hood problems and size envy, it just means the bit in your brain that thinks, that's cool, thinks its cool:001_smile:

Just my little Sunday morning 2 pence:biggrin:

I couldnt agree more, a wise old soul is our Stephen:thumbup1:

sounds a bit one sided.

I drive round in beat up old c15, and it doesnt depreciate. I do have a giggle with my nipper when we spot a Q7 or an X5 dropping in price like a lead balloon, while the owner smiles with pride, and looks down on us.

We all have views, and some work hard to achieve whats good for family values - thats where my heart is.

i agree with that a lot steve. Why not take a bit of pride in something you think is cool? You buy a mog, and go round in it with a great beaming grin because you think its cool and your proud of your purchase and the hard work it took to get it.

if you start getting annoyed at little things in life, you wont enjoy it! Getting into a flap because somebody decided to break the law and get their plates done wrong is their issue, you can just chuckle as you drive past them after theyve been stopped for it.

Talking to a chap just today with a set of "vanity plates" on his Evoque, just got a £560 fine for having the letters spaced incorrectly, I said surely it should be around £30 per plate, he reckoned it was cos he had it specifically manufactured to break the law, hence the clout. I personally wouldn't be interested in them, my brother has them on his Defender, not my cuppa tea though. Each to their own.