Red diesel theft,its payback time!

s.varty

I do a bit af contract work for a couple of farms, every harvest is the same : padlocks cut so they can go hare coursing and the diesel bowsers broken into. So after the last theft (wednesday night) we thought about leaving a bowser in a field with a small amount of diesel in it mixed with another ingredient that would do maximum damage to their engines. Any ideas?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Try valve grinding paste.

Will knacker the fuel system in minutes.

Bleach will not be very pleasent for them either.

Any type of course paste type stuff will get caught in the filter and will be very unlikely to make it to the important part.

I've seen farmers put upturned tynes burried in gateways so they get flat tyres when they drive through. Could put them around a bowser.

Edited by Rich2484

Had a similar case a couple of years back, a local fencing contractor kept getting his dropside transits tanks syphoned off. Two 25 ltr containers worth were found 100 yds away stashed in a wood. The lads emptied the stolen diesel into other containers and put water into the original containers-the grapevine revealed that a couple of local scallys got a good hiding outside a local club for selling water purporting it to be diesel-hospital job by all accounts. It wasnt red that was stolen hence the water replacement. I would suggest water in the bowser, the thiefs wont be able to tell the difference not at night anyway. Will do lots of harm to any diesel fuel system. They will soon get the message. Prevention being better than cure-I would put the meanest dog on a long trace kenneled next to the fuel-see what happens...Nick.

Prevention being better than cure-I would put the meanest dog on a long trace kenneled next to the fuel-see what happens...Nick.

I would imagine the dog will not make it out alive.... :001_huh: Not the most pleasant of people we're talking about here are they, unlikely to let a dog stand in the way of some ill gotten gains.... :thumbdown: