Red diesel theft,its payback time!

s.varty

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got something similar to this but mines a bit more crude. Works a treat, even when you forget about it and open the door yourself after a long holiday an dog to check the tools are all still there.

Door mine Booby-trap or alarm - Blank Firing Devices - Pyrotechnics | Airsoft BB Guns | Two tone / 2 tone BB Guns | Airsoft Shop

We had something similar to this about 15 years ago the bloke who sold it to us also sold us some bigger cartridges. If you forgot to diarm it you could not hear till lunch time. We lost some parts from it which ment the piece of iron in the bottom that holds the blank shot out one morning and broke my mates little toe :lol: He was less than impressed and I dont think we used it again. The tube is still kicking about the workshop. It involved a weight inside a tube a split pin and some fishing line attached to the door handle and some missing washers :laugh1:

The landowner has decided against this idea , but thanks for all the replies. He said he doesnt want any come backs as the combine , tractor & chaser bin are left in the field over night so i see his point. So next years harvest the bowsers will be carted to a farm which has been converted into an industrial area and has cameras everywhere. Theyve also had roughly 5 lorry loads of crap dumped in one of their fields (as usual after cutting nice solid stubble) when the police were informed the reply was "thats an enviromental issue, nothing to do with us". You just cannot beat these people.

buy a couple of bar mines on the black market and lay them under the gate way, any survivors wont be stealing fuel, they be picking up the arms and legs of there (ex) buddies. jobs a goodun:thumbup1:

Great idea! Only problem is that the farmer gets 20 years and the scummy thieves get millions in compensation. Tony martin should be in charge of all rural laws

Easiest way is to dominate the ground with presence.

If you see vans etc keep driving round that's the night to go shooting, sit by the bowsers, with lamp and don't use a moderator, see a van pull up anywhere near then shine a lamp and let a shot go.

Hey will soon move off, even if not shooting then just give the lamp a few shines, I was waiting at a mates to go shooting and heard a van pull up down the road, never heard it move off and when we pulled out his drive it shot off down the road, we followed but he was doing breakneck speed and we lost him. Didn't see it return either.

The worst fuel theft I have seen is a hole drilled into the combine tank. There was little fuel in it as its never left full. Downtime of a day waiting for a tank for combine, the damage they can do is a lot worse than nicking a few gallons of red.