Under payed?

nz paul

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the business owners defend what they are paying out (crap wages according to some) because they have to see a bigger picture. The job doesn't stop at providing you with your beer tokens, your fag money, your training, your holiday pay, all the tools for you to earn your pittance. It also involves a nightmare of red tape, retraining fees, TPO and 211 applications, driving for fruitless hours pricing against 10 other companies all looking to be the winning bidder. they have had a business for decades in some cases, and we are now experiencing one of the toughest economical periods for many years. They all want to still be in business in the future, not just for today. What's better getting £9 per hr indefinitely, or £15 pr hr for a few weeks then getting laid off?

The grass always appears greener on the other side of the fence, but it rarely is.

Cheer up Andy:001_smile:

IMO it comes down to there's no industry standard that the public are aware of....

If there were and the public were informed they'd be a bigger lean towards using qualified people.... as it is there are too many unqualified uninsured people doing the work and this keeps prices low.

When this industry can pull together under one unified clear standard that the man on the street has heard of then prices would be higher.

I think the business owners defend what they are paying out (crap wages according to some) because they have to see a bigger picture. The job doesn't stop at providing you with your beer tokens, your fag money, your training, your holiday pay, all the tools for you to earn your pittance. It also involves a nightmare of red tape, retraining fees, TPO and 211 applications, driving for fruitless hours pricing against 10 other companies all looking to be the winning bidder. they have had a business for decades in some cases, and we are now experiencing one of the toughest economical periods for many years. They all want to still be in business in the future, not just for today. What's better getting £9 per hr indefinitely, or £15 pr hr for a few weeks then getting laid off?

The grass always appears greener on the other side of the fence, but it rarely is.

Good post,i still don't see why in britian the wages seem to be a lower then everywhere else?.Has it always been like this?

Spot on!:thumbup1:

If you dont like it run your own outfit,if you can manage it in these hard times.

We dont have to defend against anything,but your ignorance maybe!

Is that funny too?:laugh1:

Im doing just fine in my work,ignorance has nothing to do with it.Low payers will always probably be low payers.

A highly skilled profession is that of a neurologist, a nuclear physicist or an astronaut, not a tree surgeon. It's a semi skilled trade, not even in the same league as a gas fitter, or an electrician

I agree with you on most of your comments regarding this thread Andy - but I could not disagree more with the above.

When done properly tree surgery is a highly skilled profession - and certainly in the same league as plumbers, electricians and gas fitters.... absolutely no question IMO.

:001_smile:

IMO it comes down to there's no industry standard that the public are aware of....

If there were and the public were informed they'd be a bigger lean towards using qualified people.... as it is there are too many unqualified uninsured people doing the work and this keeps prices low.

When this industry can pull together under one unified clear standard that the man on the street has heard of then prices would be higher.

Well posted,do you think with such a wide range of people coming together could ever happen?Or to many fat cats running nptc,lantra,loler etc.. Making it to hard to get ahead?

Im doing just fine in my work,ignorance has nothing to do with it.Low payers will always probably be low payers.

Your post That I quoted was in my opinion ignorant of what it takes/is involved in running an outfit,you may notice I did not call you ignorant,but refered to your thinking it funny that we had to defend ourselves as ignorance,& that my freind,stands in my opinion.:001_smile: