255 70 r16 tyres whats biggest size tyres i can put on

D.M.Taylor Firewood Supp

To solve the problem of not being able to get 18" chunky tyres for my rodeo ive gettin a set of 16" rodeo alloys for the winter.There on 255 70 r16 tyres at the mo.I want to know if i can put a set of 265 70 r16 tyres onto them or if fact possibly larger.Looking at either marix pumas or insa turbo's or something chunky along them lines

I dont know about sizes but have a look at Kumho KL71 Roadventures. the best tyeres iv ever had. iv got them in 265 75 16 they are designed as an expedition tyre so have ace mud ability but run well on the road without making to much noise. and they are fairly cheep. i got 53k miles out of my last set and iv done about 35k on the set i have at the mo. and i go off road alot.

again cant advise on size but as a 4x4 pick up id be suprised if it couldnt take slightly larger tyres? as splinters said the kumhos are great, ive got some toyo mud terrains on which turned out cheaper than insa turbos and arent remoulds, they are extremley good offroad and not as load as the insa turbos on the road:thumbup:

I would think the boys on the Landrover forums will be able to advise if no replies are forthcoming here.

A

Try looking on ITOCUK :001_smile:

You'll be alright up to 265/75/16 (31") over that you'll be clouting stuff on full suspension travel.(Thats applicable to the Trooper,but I'm pretty sure its the same for the Rodeo)

KL71's-Yep good tyre,sidewalls are a bit weak compared to some so you need to watch out offroad on rocky stuff----I'll be lucky if I get 15K out of mine :blushing:

To gain the most advantage from winter/mud tyres, unless you are going for a flotation effect in which case they will need to be massive, I would have thought the narrower the better. This enables them to cut in and would gain the most benefit from the more aggressive tread.

Sent from my Galaxy SII using Tapatalk

To gain the most advantage from winter/mud tyres, unless you are going for a flotation effect in which case they will need to be massive, I would have thought the narrower the better. This enables them to cut in and would gain the most benefit from the more aggressive tread.

Sent from my Galaxy SII using Tapatalk

True to a certain extent,but the ability of the tread pattern to clear mud/clay from the tread blocks is the important thing.....This is where the KL71 comes into its own....even aired down the tread blocks don't converge.

To solve the problem of not being able to get 18" chunky tyres for my rodeo ive gettin a set of 16" rodeo alloys for the winter.There on 255 70 r16 tyres at the mo.I want to know if i can put a set of 265 70 r16 tyres onto them or if fact possibly larger.Looking at either marix pumas or insa turbo's or something chunky along them lines

you can get general grabber AT s in 18s for a rodeo as i have them on mine

I know this might not be the type of look you're after, but the Hankook RF10 ATm tyres are absolutely fantastic in mud and snow and over rocks, and are excellent on the road in wet and dry conditions too. Great tread life as well. Can't fault them - best I've had.

See http://megatyre.co.nz/content/2011/03/hankook-rf10-atm-tyre/