Dodgy folk?

colwoodlandcare

Think I'm about to have my kit nicked, some one knocked on my garage door this evening while i was sharpening the chains, fort it was mate who i work and live with but there was one 12 or so old kid on a bike and proble a 17 year old, he asks if i have any scrap metal, I said no and he went on his way. Did his dad send him on a reckon???

I hope not, just moved a load of tools now.

You are wise to be careful of strangers seeking scrap metal:sneaky2:. I believe this is an example of casing the joint. Take necessary counter measures at once and remember the watchers are always watching and plotting.

easy-lift guy

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Agreed, plus it's naive to think that they'll be back the same day they saw it. They may be 'dodgy' but they aren't dumb. Could be six months from now, which gives you plenty of time to did a big deep pit in front of the lockup and cover it up with sticks and leaves :001_smile:

Get a very big dog , don't feed it and when they come calling he should be ready for a good feeding. Live wire to the door handle from the mains this shoud work.

owning a dangerous dog and not feeding it? Why not beat the life out of it as well? 

Have got 2 very territorial dogs in there every night. Everything is chained. And saws ect out or site. 2 landrovers are parked in front and I sleep with my window open which is above the garage. It's just during the day I'm worried about. When every one is out and some tools are left at home. I've moved the big saws out. But everything else has a chain joining then all together then joined to the garage.

And agree it is more than likely in a few months time.

Think the shot gun will be left loaded. :).

Have got 2 very territorial dogs in there every night. Everything is chained. And saws ect out or site. 2 landrovers are parked in front and I sleep with my window open which is above the garage. It's just during the day I'm worried about. When every one is out and some tools are left at home. I've moved the big saws out. But everything else has a chain joining then all together then joined to the garage.

And agree it is more than likely in a few months time.

Think the shot gun will be left loaded. :).

It was two months after the recce' before my mates outboard was stolen - the thieves claimed to be doing a 'fridge recall' at the recce!

I don't let anyone in the property now (not even TV inspectors) even if they are 'officially' appointed they have the barest of background checks and can still have dodgy mates.

I know one or two coppers I wouldn't let in....:001_smile:

DEAN.