I just got a speeding ticket!

njc110381

Got caught by one of the camera vans doing 37 in a 30 a few weeks back.

Just been on the speed awareness course, £85 and 4 hours in a classroom between 2pm and 6pm, had a early start at work to get the job done, went straight to the course and no points.

Seemed fair to me and the course reminded me of a few things we quickly all forget about day to day driving.

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an update..

My court case was Wednesday,I pleaded guilty for speeding and not guilty for failure to notify the police of the driver.

I did this by post as losing a days pay would only add to the large dent I was expecting in my wallet.

So I got fined £75 and got 3 points!

Which for what I was expecting a great result for me!

Apparently the speed awareness courses are very educational, and you can actually learn a lot about yours and others driving from them. A mate of mine had to attend after doing 36 in a 30, he reckoned the course has made him a lot more aware of how he drives, not just the speed he drives at.

I'm exactly the same! :thumbup: Take it in your stride, its all experience.

I just got caught speeding....on my way to church no less. Whats annoying is I might go to church once or maybe twice a year to keep my mum happy.....and this is what I get for it!

I think the vans have been out in force all over the country because I just got caught too! First time in 18yrs!

I got caught doing 38 in a 30 zone. I just saw the sign late and eased off started to slow and i was about 50 yards in the zone and saw the van 200 yards down the road, he must of zapped me straight away.

On the same journey though a Caterham overtook me on a chevroned area, he must of been doing about 80. As soon as he was past me saw a bloke step out into the middle of the road in plain black leathers to wave him in, was a copper on an unmarked bike with just "Police" written in small print on the breast of his leathers! Not seen one of those around around here before.

I was on a long dual carraigeway last night and was about to overtake another car. I wasnt doing more than about 65mph when this vehicle came out of nowhere and must have been doing at least a ton. Took me a couple of seconds to realise it was a police traffic range rover. It was about 9pm and nearly dark. It didnt have blue lights or a siren on. I think they have have on blue lights if they are over 70mph. Gave me a hell of a fright and you should have heard my son swear - I didnt know that he knew so many swear words.

As I drive a Ford Fiesta I think that there wouldnt have been much left of us.

Mike