Any of you boys/girls on here into motocross?

Lorry thompson

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There's a fantastic track down this way - Golding Barn Raceway. I organised several track days there, up until 18 months ago when I had a really close call! Smashed my bike, really badly battered myself, fixed my bike then sold it. It was my pride and joy and I still miss it now, but couldn't afford to be out of action, what with family and work :(

I did a fair bit of mx & enduro,loved it,knocked myself out a few times due to a sticking open throttle from time to time on my cr500,took me months to work out what caused it,(pressure washing was blowing the odd grain of sand up the carb overflow,& it was finding its way into the slide,never thought you could get sparked out by a grain of sand....:001_huh::biggrin:

I did a fair bit of mx & enduro,loved it,knocked myself out a few times due to a sticking open throttle from time to time on my cr500,took me months to work out what caused it,(pressure washing was blowing the odd grain of sand up the carb overflow,& it was finding its way into the slide,never thought you could get sparked out by a grain of sand....:001_huh::biggrin:

Throttle stuck open on one of those. :scared1: had a go on one for a bit around a stubble field when in my youth, can remember hanging on for dear life.

Stuck with the 250, as the pants could'nt take the punishment with the 500.

CR500 - one of the lads at work had a CR250 Red Rocket - another guy had a go on it and found out why it had this name, he was a moped man and came back white as a ghost:001_rolleyes::lol:

All I know was I had a CB400/4 and the bloke came past me on the back wheel down the lanes and I never saw him again:lol: Bloody fast!

1f4b41a4-7eed-1380.jpg1f4b41a4-7f79-1f97.jpg

I use to race every week,still ride when I get time and the od local meeting to keep me speed up. Once you've done one race you'll never want to stop. Lining up behind the start gate with 39 other racers is the best feeling ever.