Any of you boys/girls on here into motocross?

Lorry thompson

Motocross to me is more a way of life than a hobby :)

Unfortunatly i had to sell my bike recently due to being out on my own and having to fund a place to live. But am already saving to get another bike.

Still watch and follow it like a religion though, from the british champs, to the world and the american stuff. Its funny when you watch the fastest people at the british champs, you think there fast until a guest gp or ama rider comes across and smokes them all by like 10secs a lap! lol

You still keep in touch with big bad brad lorry? Since hes racing in Oz and all...

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I used to do a bit when I was still at school but was never fast enough to be any good. Got into hare and hounds and some proper enduros and then foot and mouth came along and I got rid of my bike then.

Just recently decided to get back into bikes again after 12 years or so and really want to get my test passed so I can get a half decent machine for on the trails too.

Hopefully get CBT done in the nextcouple of weeks and can let my firebreathing 12hp DR 125 loose :lol:

haha whats the crack with the hare and hounds Chris? I've heard of them up our way.

They're usually enduro type terrain but shortish laps (maybe 20 min or so per lap) and you don't have timecards. Usually about 3 hour or so race with a lemans style start where you all have to run and jump onto your bike - be a good intro into enduro from MX.

have a look at for some dates in the north east NEEC - NORTH OF ENGLAND ENDURO CHAMPIONSHIP- Events Calendar Camphill was last weekend and that was always a nice easyish course.

Hiya Lorry nice bike fella, MX is a bit too fast for me! I like a bit of Trials though, Gas Gas 280TXT, took it to the Topcliffe MX track once, was a bit of a giggle but the bike wasn't too happy with me and I got lapped by a 9 yr old... track is quite nice though, well maintained etc, should be quite close to ya. One at Doncaster (not been) and one at Sedgefield which is apparently a bit ropey?

Cheers Mark its my new love haha I've been to a couple in Doncaster finningly is probably my favourite track :) do you ride trials up here? I've seen a few lads meet up at buttsfield near consett think they have comps down there.

Buttsfield, cheers I'll check it out, usually just go to Guisborough, has 20 acres of wooded old quarry on a hill side, it's very nice, £35 quid a year, open weekends bank hols and one evening midweek through the summer, pub right opposite :001_smile: boxing day fancy dress trial usually quite amusing... still not hurt myself but I go pretty easy, just like to get out and about and wheelie up the banks, keeps me sensible on the roads :thumbup1: Here's a pic of me posing gratuitously...:blushing:

5976617464123_trialsgaypose.jpg.3bd584d1eec56efce0d541c319a576fe.jpg