Circular Saw replacement or Sharpening

baz

I have a Japa 700 with a 12 inch circular rip saw fitted as OE fitment. Time for a sharpen so want to look into options.

Firstly I've had to order a 41mm socket in order to get the retaining bolts off. Once I have it off there is a company 20 miles away that say if I deliver them the blade it'll cost £25 to sharpen. So that'll take 80 miles of driving and 3 hours of my time. I've been looking online for a replacement (come spare blade) cost and there seems to be suitable new blades from £80. Can anyone recommend a saw blade supplier in the UK? If I can get one for under the £80 I probably wouldn't bother getting the old one sharpened.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Japa 700 with a 12 inch circular rip saw fitted as OE fitment. Time for a sharpen so want to look into options.

Firstly I've had to order a 41mm socket in order to get the retaining bolts off. Once I have it off there is a company 20 miles away that say if I deliver them the blade it'll cost £25 to sharpen. So that'll take 80 miles of driving and 3 hours of my time. I've been looking online for a replacement (come spare blade) cost and there seems to be suitable new blades from £80. Can anyone recommend a saw blade supplier in the UK? If I can get one for under the £80 I probably wouldn't bother getting the old one sharpened.

hi baz ,

give sawtec a bell he will pick up ,sharpen and deliver back to you 02380653329 picks up all over the country,and if you can get a new blade for 80 quid let me know cos i want one for that price

We have a Jappa and send the blade to a company in Newcastle, that returns by post and the whole thing costs £30 (inc vat), much cheaper than a new blade, or driving each way twice.

the company is 'Precision saw and tool ltd' and number is 0191 4990033

Anton saws are local to us pick up and drop off. Last time I asked 5p a tooth. They can replace missing teeth aswell. I would buy a spare and send yours off you have one in hand then. If your geared up for a days work and hit a few nails you can just change the blade and carry on.

My blade nuts undo with a decent adjustable spanner with a bar on the end, dont forget they are Left Hand Thread !!.

There is a place in Birmingham called Gerrymet that will make you a new TCT blade, he did me one, not as cheap as others but a good bloke to deal with, he will also sharpen. Your blade is 700mm diameter.

A