The Land Rover Appreciation Group.

John Hancock

Not yet jon, need something to drag it's 3.2ton self out when it sinks, might not be as bad with these bigger tires fitted, just finished fitting a DAB radio with built in handsfree to it. Ended up making my own checker plait face plate for it as couldn't find 1 to fit the dash.

Not yet jon, need something to drag it's 3.2ton self out when it sinks, might not be as bad with these bigger tires fitted, just finished fitting a DAB radio with built in handsfree to it. Ended up making my own checker plait face plate for it as couldn't find 1 to fit the dash.

Hi JON WARN 8274 with large motor and snatch block Jon thanks Jon

Got a warrior 1200 on the 130 which I really like with the synthetic line and remote control. Not sure what I'm going to put on the picker but quite likely the same.

I fitted a hydraulic diverter on our cherry picker to run the hydraulic winch that sits between the chassis rails on the back . Its nothing fancy and the forward and reverse is on a single lever spool valve which you can see hanging down just behind the rear light . I think ours is on 33x12.5 15`s so it never really gets stuck but the winch is really handy for pulling trees over.

Bob

raycochipper005_zpsfe336c0a.jpg

Last time I got proper stuck job a 8274 couldn't shift it and ended up burning out the relay so had to make an hour n half round trip to get the rb which dragged it out without any problems, mind you it left some fair ruts across the park in doing so!

Bob I did think about going hydraulic but the problem with mine at the moment is if you take the handbrake off with the pto engaged it switches off the engine, probably easily bypassed but not sure I want to as could prevent any1 causing pump damage by driving with it in. I do like your cage better than the fiberglass bucket on mine.

Last time I got proper stuck job a 8274 couldn't shift it and ended up burning out the relay so had to make an hour n half round trip to get the rb which dragged it out without any problems, mind you it left some fair ruts across the park in doing so!

Bob I did think about going hydraulic but the problem with mine at the moment is if you take the handbrake off with the pto engaged it switches off the engine, probably easily bypassed but not sure I want to as could prevent any1 causing pump damage by driving with it in. I do like your cage better than the fiberglass bucket on mine.

Probably worth the effort though, these hydraulic winches just dont tire, the only downside is if the engine is dead there is no winch. I have never had any luck with electric winches, they always seem to be in trouble if used in anger. The steel cage is home grown but has been really good, the lads tie off the tool strops on the top rail with tools hanging outside which leaves the inside of the basket clear. The plastic ones are expensive and we were damaging too many of them, trees and plastic:thumbdown:

Bob

Hi Jon that relay all brights one are good and a 6)9hp motor mate ❤️❤️❤️Thanks Jon