The Land Rover Appreciation Group.

John Hancock

Dads 110 has developed a starter motor problem. It is just clicking as if the batery is flat but we have had a new battery put in and it is still doing it. We are thinking along the lines of a tired solenoid or a dodgy earth. We just put a new starter relay in as the old one was being very tempermental.

Hi, anyone ever fitted a H14 to a series 2a? I've going to have a go at fitting soon and was wondering if there's any pit falls. It can off a defender so expect that the gearbox won't mate up and will need changing?

Any advice appreciated. Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Quite liking my 90 at the mo - realised the MOT was coming up within the next couple of weeks, popped into the gargae on sat just to book it in but ended up getting it tested while I was there. Bearing in mind I've not laid a spanner on it in three months or so I was pleasantly surprised when it passed with no advisories :thumbup:

Oh and it clicked onto 284,000 miles last week too :laugh1:

Quite liking my 90 at the mo - realised the MOT was coming up within the next couple of weeks, popped into the gargae on sat just to book it in but ended up getting it tested while I was there. Bearing in mind I've not laid a spanner on it in three months or so I was pleasantly surprised when it passed with no advisories :thumbup:

Oh and it clicked onto 284,000 miles last week too :laugh1:

Wot no welding ?

Our 110 now has a new appendage. We can now go into deeper water than we could before. Next plan is new door bottoms all round except the back door and get the leak down the A posts sorted. Hopefully some black bathroom sealant liberally applied will sort that.

008.jpg.2b81295711fd4fc4a7f3e94ab5707d14.jpg

Edited by Matthew Arnold