The Land Rover Appreciation Group.

John Hancock

i never thought it would happen but it has lol , well lets be honest at less then 2k for a decent condition landy i cant complain , only 2 pros are that the blower dont work and there is a little rust on the N/S of the bulk head just under the vent , but hey who cares its cheep

piccies? try fuse for blower first, worked on one of mine and gave me two settings:thumbup1:

its an old photo,that greenmech was hired in, it was ace, new machine at the time, the tracks drove over a 6ft brash pile for fun, i'v since bought a 12mth old tw190 that really eats wood..Ed

im still really happy with our tw190 , i have found that the green mech is not the tidyest of chippers , it spits a fair bit back at you and is a pain in the arse to get all the chip into the truck

Hi Guys,

Can I join your gang??:thumbup:

I bought Catman's 130 at the weekend, built a temporary chip box on Sunday, and started using it today proper.

The back end was sitting down a fair bit when loaded with chips, what ways are there to stop this happening? I have seen it ahs coil springs with another smaller spring inside this at the moment.

Where do you all get your spares and service items from - main dealers or off the internet?

Rgds...Al.

Welcome to the LR world of oily hands.

I use Challenger 4x4 in Tongham, for all my work if i need anything. They also came in cheaper on a new set of tyres for me that my Friend did who works at Paddocks.

Paul the owner is sound and knows his Land rovers very well and can fabricate anything you could think of.

Also if you want anymore advice and like forums check out the link below. A great bunch of people and will take the piss but also are very knowledgable.

Hi the springs you need are 130 spec with helper springs this is what Land rover special vechicles put on as standard. So you know they are going to work. You could have air bags fitted but then need a compesser all adding to cost and weight.

Paddocks and mail order 4x4 seem to be cheapest around.

How can you tell what springs are fitted? Mine are black and have a smaller spring inside (assume this is the helper spring?)

Springs are colour coded- they have a b;ob of paint on them to show rating.....however this doesnt last long. You wil have the heaviest duty springs on your 130 already, and the helper springs are the little ones. If your 130 is sitting down too readily then there is a very strong possibility that your springs are worn out.

As regards paddocks....IMO they have only got their name from having the biggest ads in the mags. They arent very cheap at all in my experience, and are very unhelpful.