Council slapping tpo on tree's

treeracer25

With vets, they're more likely to decide your animal is fit to live if you have good insurance and pay them well. Money is more important than expertise and training. The most highly qualified vet with years of experience, who is perfectly capable of saving your precious little cat, won't save it unless he is financially rewarded for doing do.

You cynic!

I've been more than willing (and capable, I should add) to pay for dogs to be restored to health only to be discouraged by the vet as it wasn't in the dogs' better interest.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have done work for free!! and will continue to do my absolute best to do all my work in the best interest of the tree's primarily... I understand that this is a money based industry and we all wanna keep our houses, kids, dogs etc in good health (along with our bank balance lets face it:sneaky2:) IMO trees of all sizes need our attention on a global scale... I change industry to work with tree's because I enjoy them so much, i rec climb them because

I enjoy it and I'd work on them free of charge from time to time because I love the job so much and more importantly I love the look of a good tree on any landscape.

This is where I really don't get about "tree care" people, 99.09% of trees need no help from us, they would be far happier left alone. They are tough and cope remarkably well with our hacking, but I feel sure if they were in the position to top us working on them they would!!, but they can't. Your kidding yourselves if pretend your helping the tree :001_rolleyes:

At least I'm honest, I am a service provider, I cut trees to help my client, I do my very best to keep the damage to the tree to a minimum, but I don't kid myself I'm "helping the tree"

I like trees, but I don't feel great love for each one, they are plants, if I felt the way about trees that many of you claim to feel I would find another job, I would be very depressed spending my days cutting lumps off and felling things I loved :confused1:

This is where I really don't get about "tree care" people, 99.09% of trees need no help from us, they would be far happier left alone. They are tough and cope remarkably well with our hacking, but I feel sure if they were in the position to top us working on them they would!!, but they can't. Your kidding yourselves if pretend your helping the tree :001_rolleyes:

At least I'm honest, I am a service provider, I cut trees to help my client, I do my very best to keep the damage to the tree to a minimum, but I don't kid myself I'm "helping the tree"

I like trees, but I don't feel great love for each one, they are plants, if I felt the way about trees that many of you claim to feel I would find another job, I would be very depressed spending my days cutting lumps off and felling things I loved :confused1:

If my client wanted a tree removed and I convinced them to have a reduction instead did I not help the tree?

I feel skyhuck we should agree to disagree..

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

I hope we can go one better than blindly serving customers' wishes. Those wishes re trees are oft underinformed, dead wrong. A customer becomes a client when there is interaction at the planning stage. Then the tree cutter becomes an arborist, managing assets instead of merely removing perceived liabilities.

re Trees doing well in cities without arborists' care, that's seldom true.

Edited by treeseer
being nice

I hope we can go one better than blindly serving customers' wishes. Those wishes re trees are oft underinformed, dead wrong. A customer becomes a client when there is interaction at the planning stage. Then the tree cutter becomes an arborist, managing assets instead of merely removing perceived liabilities.

re Trees doing well in cities without arborists' care, that's seldom true.

Good post treeseer...That's it in a nutshell:thumbup1:

:beerchug::beerchug:

Looks like we've won this one hands down Treeseer.

The beers are on Skyhuck, MesterH and Mike Hill even though Mike isn't in this thread:001_smile:

Hey I'll get anyone a virtual pint.:thumbup:

We are talking about two different things here though.

There is massive difference between offering professional advice compared to forcing your personal opinions on someone.

If someone has decided to have a tree removed then who am I to tell them they can't?

All I can say is I'm not doing it and be on my way.

Besides just because we are a professional doesn't mean to say we are right, one mans specimen tree is another mans leaf dropping, wall destroying, foundation lifting, view blocking, light blocking and costly PITA, while one mans scabby cherry is another mans pride and joy.