Lets see your Land Rovers

christreeroot

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rather you than me!

Ask yourself one question, is the braking ability of the vehicle impaired to the point where you cant stop safely in an emergency?

If the answer is yes, then you are risking not only your licence, but your life and your passengers lives, not to mention passing pedestrians.

I have done it, but not any more, I am taking steps to ensure I need never overload again.

Rather you than me!

Ask yourself one question, is the braking ability of the vehicle impaired to the point where you cant stop safely in an emergency?

If the answer is yes, then you are risking not only your licence, but your life and your passengers lives, not to mention passing pedestrians.

I have done it, but not any more, I am taking steps to ensure I need never overload again.

i concur

i do not overload

if something ever went wrong it really is not worth it

do more trips or get a bigger truck

this is our works landrover its got a tgs coachworks tipper!

on a vehicle like this you have to remember not to exceed the max axle load, with the tipping body unbalanced (more of it to rear of back axle than front of rear axle) this vehicle could be overloaded with half a ton in the back!!

Did yours come with 3500KG springs etc' date=' or have you had it modded, Brett?[/quote']

it came from the factory at 3500kg ex utilty bus, you will hard pushed to find a non utility 110 at 3500KG. Not sure if it is possible to upgrade and document a standard 3050kg landy??

Everyone here is assuming that the vehicle itself is only plated to 3500kg. Some defenders (110s and 130s) were plated for anywhere up to 7t by the factory. This was for use in special applications where it was the pulling capability and the weight was not so much on the axles themselves. So in this case it would be more if the driver had the category up to 7500kg on his licence that would be my concern.

H