Anyone out there go to any car boot sale

mendiplogs

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to one a few years ago, saw a good condition stihl saw(about 35cc from memory). Asked the guy what he wanted for it, and he said he bought it off his brother to do some limbs in garden but he couldnt get it running and thought hed messed up mix and seized it. I opened fuel tank and saw it was full of chain oil and vice versa. Paid him£5 for it. Took it home and cleaned tanks and carb etc, new fuel and it fired right up. Give it to me dad to replace his old beast. Lovely. Sometimes you do get lucky.:thumbup:

I do car boot now and again , I got mugged before I even got the stuff out :D. Made £250 on my first one, then £400 the one after that . One man's junk other man's treasure :-)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

HI ALL well done there all one mans junk is one mans treasure like you say mate nice one jon :thumbup:

Went to one a few years ago, saw a good condition stihl saw(about 35cc from memory). Asked the guy what he wanted for it, and he said he bought it off his brother to do some limbs in garden but he couldnt get it running and thought hed messed up mix and seized it. I opened fuel tank and saw it was full of chain oil and vice versa. Paid him£5 for it. Took it home and cleaned tanks and carb etc, new fuel and it fired right up. Give it to me dad to replace his old beast. Lovely. Sometimes you do get lucky.:thumbup:

HI ALL i got a new thermos works series steel flask 1.2lt it still in box new £8 :thumbup1::thumbup1:happy days :thumbup1:jon :thumbup::thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...