you knows its been a long week when...

jose

One of my youngsters had watched me couple my big trailer onto my truck towball many times,wait for it to click and the green indicator pops up etc.

He put the trailer on by himself,and i absent mindedly didnt check it,getting ready to go and all that.

Got a few miles up the road to see the trailer is not in my mirrors,turned round and went back to find it had gone accross the road and buried its drawbar in the verge.And that was with the safety brake activated.

Happened right beside the rear gate to raf marham so that gave the sentry guards something interesting to look at for a few minutes while i got it recovered again.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the chippers next to the brash and the chutes not facing in the truck! Didn't even think of looking up to check!! A good few minutes before noticing! 😡

I've never done that but been up the tree twice and watched it happen...... Very funny thing to see!!!!

On the topic of chippers not being there, I was at the local chipper hire shop one day, a gang came in to pick ip a chipper for the day and backed up, got out, signed the paperwork and off they went. They didn't even attempt to put the chipper on the back. we quickly wheeled it into the workshop and waited. Some half hour later they returned, having "lost" the chipper. How we kept a straight face for a little while I don't know, then we just bust out laughing and helped em hitch on. Bet they always check from that day on. They'd crossed a level crossing and loads of back roads in the time they'd been gone. :001_smile:

• 2 weeks later...
I've been on site where the chipper tube has moved. It was spraying all over the neighbours car. Had been doing it for a while

Quick blow and no one knew- whew

one of our chippers has a habit of losening of through vibration done this a few times :lol: loaded a grabfull of logs onto the back of the truck one day forgetting to check first bye bye rakes! coulda been worse no saws on :blushing:

Some lads I work with sometimes were busy loading brushwood into the chipper whilst the chute was working loose. It had spun round and was now targetting a busy dual carriageway. And this was a big 14" chipper!! Apparently the supervisors face was a picture as he came round the corner, as they noticed this before the direction the chips were flying in beating the side of every car that past! Unbelievably there was not one complaint.