90s disco

RobRainford

Here's the boot floor. Worst bits shown. Surprisingly good nick.

Rear engine oil seal needs doing along with cambelt to be sure.

Seller seems adamant That someone will come and pay £2k all day for this. It's in perfectly drivable condition and is sold as seen. But he won't go below £1700. I offered £1200 considering and mentioning the stuff that needs sorting and he won't even think about it. It needs £500 spending to make it right. Paint is knackered. Lived under a lime tree for its life. Lacquer is shot.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344362480.247801.jpg.e1524e3bc3b559152cd7263a0f61731b.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344362503.883802.jpg.c3a490ba50dc7513d6ca0c446e873840.jpg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a turd and it has had its day, walk away and let him find another mug to sell it to, that's no way a 1200 quid car, that rot in the boot floor probably goes up under the wheel arch and inner wing.

If its bad there the body mounts will be on the way, the rot spots you have shown are both MOT failures, there are better cars for less money.

We had a good dig Andy, I do agree with what you are saying. The rot is as you see there, that long patch in the recess. Does not go up the wheel arch or any further forward than what's shown.

I can get free labour from a mechanic I know and parts sourced cheap. So fixing this back up will cost buttons. The guy who came down with me offered to tidy the paint up for free. He's done work on these for years much like you Andy.

With bits fixed I could sell it and probably make money.

Hey mate one bit of advice don't settle for something coz u been looking for a while u'll only regret it. Sounds like you could make a good car of it but not for the money they want £1000 tops for something in that state (that ain't a defender;) )

Agree with most of others - it's a £500 run til the test's out jobber.

Welding on patches is only ever goign to be a short term solution - if you want to do it right then it wants boot floor takign right out and shoving new door shuts on.

Then maybe a few months later you'll find another hole some where else and another and another - even of they aren't going to cost you financially it's all the hassle and time involved having it off the road while it's being done.

So you are going to let your mates do the work for nowt then sell it for a profit? I have a mate like that once, not for long though.

Dealing cars for profit means buying CHEAP, real cheap, if I were looking at that as a proposition it would need to be comming in at under seven hundred.

Have a look on eBay completed listings and compare what cars like this have been bringing, the market is on its posterior.

So you are going to let your mates do the work for nowt then sell it for a profit? I have a mate like that once, not for long though.

Dealing cars for profit means buying CHEAP, real cheap, if I were looking at that as a proposition it would need to be comming in at under seven hundred.

Have a look on eBay completed listings and compare what cars like this have been bringing, the market is on its posterior.

No, that came across wrong, I've been offered the help of a mechanic to sort it to save fixing it. Selling it would be if it turned out I wasn't that bothered with it in a few months. I'd be happy getting most if not all of my money back.

Ones similar to this are varying on condition but some still reaching over £1200. I'm pushed towards this as I know what's up and have had a good look, don't want to risk other stuff having bigger problems.

It's not a huge amount of money to drop and with the help of people around me it could easily be less than 2k all sorted.