nice views from trees

bob

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talking about views from trees....i worked in california in the summer of 2007 and some of the most amazing views ever. the first picture was taken up a californian live oak and is looking over San Francisco bay and in to the city, the second picture is over Mount Tam.

The first pic was taken somewhere in here then? Great place.

597653be47d5f_america1279.jpg.7cde3caa4cb22829f7b307759ce6cf37.jpg

just a few from a job in my village church yard, not the long distance shots that some have posted, but some rarely seen views of a beautiful building.

Nice shots Kev, glad you took the time.

Great stone masonry, what a shame we don't have the same level of crafsmem around as when those piees were created :sad:

Great stone masonry, what a shame we don't have the same level of crafsmem around as when those piees were created :sad:

We still do mate!!

Its just that as we, the "working class", have demanded a "living wage" no one can afford to pay for that Kind of craftsman ship on new buildings, and most of the guys with those skill do repair work on our ancient buildings.

We all now live in the kind of luxury that the kings and queens of yesteryear could only dream of.

The price of not having a valueless, disposable, working class is that labour is expensive and so we have to live with cheap mass produced buildings and architecture, its a price worth paying, in my book!

:001_smile:

We still do mate!!

Its just that as we, the "working class", have demanded a "living wage" no one can afford to pay for that Kind of craftsman ship on new buildings, and most of the guys with those skill do repair work on our ancient buildings.

We all now live in the kind of luxury that the kings and queens of yesteryear could only dream of.

The price of not having a valueless, disposable, working class is that labour is expensive and so we have to live with cheap mass produced buildings and architecture, its a price worth paying, in my book!

:001_smile:

Historically and Socially, you are ofcourse quite correct, alas I fear it's probably not the overdue evolution of the working class that is the result of the dirth of skill around which I percieve,It is in my opininion more to do with our societies inability to demand and even produce any thing of a suistainable and patient nature.

We do not want to wait for tommorow, which is when nature and true craftsmanship will deliver, we want it today with a reduced pricetag and ergo inferior quality. :sad: