Log theft

Dean Lofthouse

A way of finding out what time a visitor arrives!!

you will need

Fishing line

small alarm clock that runs on one AA battery

a small piece of thin plastic.

Attach alarm clock to a solid object in a way that the rear is facing direction of entry. Would be handy to be able to see clock face in situe but not a real issue. Attach fishing line as a trip alarm accross path, then attach other end to small piece of plastic, this piece of plastic needs to slide between battery and terminal on clock. Set the time for 12 oclock .

when set up the clock won`t be working but if tripped the clock will start working, as long as you check it every 12 hours you can calculate how long ago the alarm was tripped.

Used this method for Foxes visiting pheasant pens for years, do 4 or 5 alarms and see if there is a patern, with foxes it would be within 1 hour most times.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like ya style Stoxs. Done this myself.

12 bore blank alarms also useful. You must know about these Dean.

Alternatively, smother your cord stack with green willow/poplar/conifer and spend your nights down the boozer with a big grin on your face.

Have a good New Years fellas.

Sadly I lost my respect for the police a long while ago, the law abideing get put upon and the crooks get away with it.:sad:

Why blame the police, most coppers would love to nail most crims to a wall and flog em, you need to blame the system as a whole, all the do gooders in goverment, prison service which is run by do gooders who give cons sooo many rights it's untrue and society as a whole, it's a soft society who believe in wrapping anybody thats not in a normal life style in cotton wool and telling them it's not there fault. I agree crims do get away with it but even when coppers nick em they know they will get nowt and be back on the streets in a couple of years, also most crims couldn't give a flying f++k any way and put prison down to an occupational hazard. rant over LOL

Ian (ex prison service)

IC TREES, maybe I've just met too many of the "useless" coppers.

They seem too me to be just interested in finding something to nail you for, when they would earn more respect by "having a word" rather than trying to chalk up another ticket.

IMO, the police force is much like politics in that often "a desire to do the job should mean your excluded from doing it".

I have found that many, but by no means all, police officers are very small men (I don't mean in stature) who use the uniform too make them selves feel big.

IC TREES, maybe I've just met too many of the "useless" coppers.

They seem too me to be just interested in finding something to nail you for, when they would earn more respect by "having a word" rather than trying to chalk up another ticket.

IMO, the police force is much like politics in that often "a desire to do the job should mean your excluded from doing it".

I have found that many, but by no means all, police officers are very small men (I don't mean in stature) who use the uniform too make them selves feel big.

Huck, some of what you say is true, there are some v anal coppers out there with little man syndrome but there are some good ones, well there is round my way anyway, in general tho the whole penal system if fekked not just 1 department.........come to think of it the whole country is fekked...............dean's right let's all leg it out of here......i'm gone.....of to the costa de sol.......least theres fit birds and good weather, ya get neither in scarborough!

That is so true. My wife was grabbed by an immigrant at our local Spar, the missus went mad punching and kicking till she was let go. I have a copy of the cctv video.I went up there looking for the immigrant only to find the police already there. They could see I was fuming and called for backup. In seconds I was surrounded and all of them dying to give me a kicking. I did,nt give em the opportunity. I hate the police. Put the uniform on and suddenly there as hard as nails.

Just been down and put the Trail scout camera 35ft up a tree overlooking the yard entrance. It's 5 mega pixel so should give a good image if not it will give me the times of the visitors.

I'll leave it a week and unload images from it.

Will it flash and make the thief aware its there or has it some form of night vision